• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What? That doesn't make sense

i didn’t open a case or anything. I just closed a couple somehow.

My selling account is now limited because I did a few things out of ignorance. Thought if I had perfect feedback, everything was good, like in the old days. :(

I’ve had a few people try to buy things and then send an email address for a bill. Ugh.

rhyme

Reaction score
Need some help with feedback issue. Got a negative today for refusing a return. I don't accept returns and the buyer confirmed multiple times he wants to return because it's not his size.

Screenshot_20210407-215831~2.png

Thought this was going to make an easy removal. Contacted eBay on facebook and got this reply
Screenshot_20210407-220059.png

Is there a number or reason I can use to get an easy resolution to my issue? Any advice?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need some help with feedback issue. Got a negative today for refusing a return. I don't accept returns and the buyer confirmed multiple times he wants to return because it's not his size.

View attachment 1589286

Thought this was going to make an easy removal. Contacted eBay on facebook and got this reply View attachment 1589288

Is there a number or reason I can use to get an easy resolution to my issue? Any advice?

I know some heavy hitters will have super-sage advice, but until then:

I’ve had good luck just calling back until I reach a North American male.

Be pleasant and polite, almost jovial, but not in a dick-ish way. Speak in a relaxed manner — as though you are clearly in the right — because you are. Present this logical argument:

“I mean dude — c’mon.”

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a negative removed last night. I have become spoiled with the eBay Concierge courtesy feedback removals. Now, when someone wants to push me, I push back without fear of repercussions. They'll probably do away with the program soon. Until then, I shall have fun.

rhyme

Reaction score
I had a negative removed last night. I have become spoiled with the eBay Concierge courtesy feedback removals. Now, when someone wants to push me, I push back without fear of repercussions. They'll probably do away with the program soon. Until then, I shall have fun.
Wait what. What's this magical service you speak off? More details please.

rhyme

Reaction score
I know some heavy hitters will have super-sage advice, but until then:

I’ve had good luck just calling back until I reach a North American male.

Be pleasant and polite, almost jovial, but not in a dick-ish way. Speak in a relaxed manner — as though you are clearly in the right — because you are. Present this logical argument:

“I mean dude — c’mon.”
That's the plan but my sales have been on fire recently and I do not want to lose momentum. Hopefully it will be resolved fast.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea how to fight a USPS claim that your package was heavier than you said it was?

I shipped a 4 oz. package they are saying was 9 oz. I am 100% sure the weight was correct.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea how to fight a USPS claim that your package was heavier than you said it was?

I shipped a 4 oz. package they are saying was 9 oz. I am 100% sure the weight was correct.

How much is your time worth?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much is your time worth?
This is how they get you.

Luckily for me I used Pirate Ship, and they returned my dollar or whatever it was. So now it's their problem.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1589286

Thought this was going to make an easy removal. Contacted eBay on facebook and got this reply View attachment 1589288

Honestly, my first thought is that your message, "If I decline the return would you leave me negative feedback?" almost sounds like you are requesting that he leave you negative feedback after you decline the return. Although, I'm sure that's not how you intended it. That's not quite how feedback extortion works. What does his feedback say exactly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads