• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a total scumbag. Did he think you would not notice? Call ebay ASAP. It might take > 1 person to fix the issue depending on who you talk to.

Also, wouldn't the weight of the package be different than what you originally sent him? Take a picture of all that when talking to ebay.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1gdub

Block this guy ASAP. Opened up a SNAD return for leather polo croc shoes. Then returns me NWT $10 walmart shoes.

Any advice how I won't be out $500?
You had pictures on your original sale I assume?

I don’t know about eBay in the US, but in the U.K. eBay would be 99% certain to find in your favour.

Also he has stolen from you, and you have his address. That’s pretty dumb.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Also, wouldn't the weight of the package be different than what you originally sent him? Take a picture of all that when talking to ebay.

These are wayyy lighter. They are walmart $10 shoes new with tags. Good idea. I will try to check with the USPS with both tracking they should have weights of each.

Oh, also.... even when I prove it this way. Ebay still won't do anything to help. Which is really pathetic to already know.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are wayyy lighter. They are walmart $10 shoes new with tags. Good idea. I will try to check with the USPS with both tracking they should have weights of each.

Oh, also.... even when I prove it this way. Ebay still won't do anything to help. Which is really pathetic to already know.

Good luck with this. In the future, always video record the opening of the return box. Carefully recording labels, timestamps, etc.
Maybe you can still do this now.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Good luck with this. In the future, always video record the opening of the return box. Carefully recording labels, timestamps, etc.
I always do this on expensive shipment & returns.
I remember , you can file small claim court and it’s almost no cost involved.
The issue is, you still have to prove that the buyer did it not you. Always a pain...

Hope 4 the best & ask for seller protection LOL

rhz5001

Reaction score
I always do this on expensive shipment & returns.
I remember , you can file small claim court and it’s almost no cost involved.
The issue is, you still have to prove that the buyer did it not you. Always a pain...

Hope 4 the best & ask for seller protection LOL

I did video the opening and told ebay that. She told me they don't accept video and I could have "edited" or "photoshopped" the video. I will pursue this out of principal. My video was janky but should be good enough.

haloitsme

Reaction score
I did video the opening and told ebay that. She told me they don't accept video and I could have "edited" or "photoshopped" the video. I will pursue this out of principal. My video was janky but should be good enough.
OF corse you edited... hang up and call again.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Others in this situation have called these people’s bosses (and whoever else google turns up), gotten license plates from Google Earth, filed police reports, etc.

It might not get the money back, but could cost them something more valuable than a pair of shoes.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Others in this situation have called these people’s bosses (and whoever else google turns up), gotten license plates from Google Earth, filed police reports, etc.

It might not get the money back, but could cost them something more valuable than a pair of shoes.

I looked the person up. I found the guys name with different middle initial at the same address. He is a child support lawyer (go figure). Not sure if his son had purchased or not, but he sounded older and claimed he had been in the hospital awhile. I plan on calling his number listed for his law practice tomorrow. After that I plan on going to the police station and either filing a report and/or pursue it through small claims court. I live 3 hours from the guy. Doesn't seem wise for a lawyer to fraud people but here we are.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked the person up. I found the guys name with different middle initial at the same address. He is a child support lawyer (go figure). Not sure if his son had purchased or not, but he sounded older and claimed he had been in the hospital awhile. I plan on calling his number listed for his law practice tomorrow. After that I plan on going to the police station and either filing a report and/or pursue it through small claims court. I live 3 hours from the guy. Doesn't seem wise for a lawyer to fraud people but here we are.
I highly doubt an older, child support attorney would be wasting their time with crap this guy has listed or would pick with user name 1gdub, so you're probably right about the worthless kid.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was dinged for local Sales Tax (my State is NJ) for a bag shipped from Switzerland. This is a first for me.
It really seems as though they are cracking down..

div25sec9

Reaction score
Interested to see how many posters are reselling as a full-time job now. @SpooPoker @capnwes @rhz5001 @Tweets @Fueco

Who else? Of those that do, anyone that only sells what you source, meaning you don't take consignment?

I'm full-time too! I do consignment as well, but it is a minority of sales, most I source myself. I do have a store opening soon, with construction getting closer to completion. Covid has caused many delays in construction, luckily it was so many delays a vaccine was found and numbers seem to be getting better before opening. ...fingers crossed that it continues this direction.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how many posters are reselling as a full-time job now. @SpooPoker @capnwes @rhz5001 @Tweets @Fueco

Who else? Of those that do, anyone that only sells what you source, meaning you don't take consignment?

Fully 100% Source myself, granted, I would say about 20% is from thrifts and the other 80% is other sources and I do a lot more than just clothes now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads