• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the monthly invoice for eBay is? I thkught after switching to managed payments the invoices would go away since eBay is taking their fees off the top

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 8.52.21 AM.png
Timeline:

Jan 23, Ordered 3 ties through my Buy 2 get 1 free promo.
Jan 28, Opened return for 2 ties (just didn't like), *keeping the free one.
Jan 29, Ordered 3 ties through my Buy 2 get 1 free promo.
Feb 2, Opened return for 2 ties (just didn't like), *keeping the free one.
Feb 4, Ordered 1 more tie.
Feb 8, Jan 29th returns arrive, shipped separately.
Feb 10, Jan 29th refunds issued
Feb 11, Opens return for Feb 4th tie.
Feb 11, Buyer blocked for excessive returns.
Feb 19, Jan 28th Returns automatically closed for non-shipment after 21 days. The irate messages began shortly thereafter. I explained to him that his claim was closed automatically, and asked if he could provide the tracking number for the ties. Then he claimed to have shipped 3 of them together in one of the boxes. Before I could respond he sent another message wanting to drop it and move on, telling me to leave him alone.

Maybe he realized his buy 0 get 4 free scam was busted.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. I listed a shirt and it sold almost immediately...for $29. I intended to price it at $129. I messaged the buyer with an explanation the it was a typo and asked if he would be willing to go to $75 on it, roughly splitting the difference. He said OK. So I cancelled, relisted, and sold it for $75. Most ebay buyers are reasonable and fair.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is eBay now forcing us to use their international shipping system?

div25sec9

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Garagsale software.... I know some have complained about their pricing system and how it's a price gouge to longtime customers, but I was wondering if any of you use the new version. I am a long time user of the software and was thinking of upgrading. The pricing aside, how's the functionality? Can I get away with just continuing to use version 7? The new pricing sucks compared to before, but given lots of use it will not be a significant cost to my overall business, if the pros outweigh the cons.

Any advise?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Intl shipping: I haven't seen where it's forced, but I have seen it as the default selection, and the couple times I've used it now, it's been cheaper, and I'm assuming it is backed by ebay, so if there's an issue, it's on them. I'll take that.

Garagesale: Agree that the pricing sucks, the product does not seem to have improved, so if 7 still has full functionality, the upgrade isn't worth it. In fact, the new version had a lot of broken things in it at first, and they've sorted through most of it.

FPB

Reaction score
1gdub

Block this guy ASAP. Opened up a SNAD return for leather polo croc shoes. Then returns me NWT $10 walmart shoes.

Any advice how I won't be out $500?

Wow, what a total scumbag. Did he think you would not notice? Call ebay ASAP. It might take > 1 person to fix the issue depending on who you talk to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads