• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I learned you can fit at least 36 packs of bootleg reservation smokes in the new Canada Post Flat Rate Medium box. The guy in front of me at the Post Office unpacked it all on the counter to see if he could rearrange them to fit one or two more. I didn't stick around to see if he was successful but I'm definitely curious...

vestbash

Reaction score
The original box for these shoes state the material. Obviously you can't really rebut what they buyer is saying even though it holds no water, but with enough research you could establish the material with certainty.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you guys checking them out and giving your opinions. The buyer stated his cobbler told him they were embossed. Doesn't help the SNAD return he had opened already. Pretty frustrating to get SNAD marks with no fault of my own but on inexperience. Too many of those cost me $1000 a month.

The cobbler. Of course.

I'm skeptical of alleged third party 'expert opinions'. For example 'the salesman at the Brooks Brothers store' told a buyer that a Brooks Brothers corduroy sport coat was counterfeit because BB doesn't sell anything which was made in Thailand.

I asked for the name of the salesman and the location of the store so I could give the guy a call. Of course that was not provided.

div25sec9

Reaction score
The cobbler. Of course.

I'm skeptical of alleged third party 'expert opinions'. For example 'the salesman at the Brooks Brothers store' told a buyer that a Brooks Brothers corduroy sport coat was counterfeit because BB doesn't sell anything which was made in Thailand.

I asked for the name of the salesman and the location of the store so I could give the guy a call. Of course that was not provided.

I hate these too, as if a sales person would give you the time of day to verify your ebay purchase... I'd say if they were to reply, they'd be more likely to lie and tell you it's fake in an attempt to try to sell you a "real" one off the rack.

haloitsme

Reaction score
The cobbler. Of course.

Had a joker also did that. I provided an Invoice from the Manufacture with Item ID, blurred out the prices and other articles I bought. Guess what, never heard of him and the "sales person" again.

I guess some people are skeptical of eBay purchases, but so would I ;) .

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a joker also did that. I provided an Invoice from the Manufacture with Item ID, blurred out the prices and other articles I bought. Guess what, never heard of him and the "sales person" again.

I guess some people are skeptical of eBay purchases, but so would I ;) .

I agree that one should approach some ebay items with skepticism, but why would anyone bother to manufacture a knockoff corduroy Brooks Brothers sport coat? That would be like counterfeiting nickels.

haloitsme

Reaction score
I agree that one should approach some ebay items with skepticism, but why would anyone bother to manufacture a knockoff corduroy Brooks Brothers sport coat? That would be like counterfeiting nickels.
they don't produce a "Brooks Brother jacket", they produce a Jacket (generic) and sew different labels in (i have seen than a lot recently).
Seen some Kiton fakes bought for 1000$ on the Bay.
So basically you make a nice jacket, for untrained people and average Joe's and sell to him with a "label" he knows.
Look at some Ricci Jackets, allegedly some pay 1000-2000$ for fakes out of Russia and Turkey.

Best

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they don't produce a "Brooks Brother jacket", they produce a Jacket (generic) and sew different labels in (i have seen than a lot recently).
Seen some Kiton fakes bought for 1000$ on the Bay.
So basically you make a nice jacket, for untrained people and average Joe's and sell to him with a "label" he knows.
Look at some Ricci Jackets, allegedly some pay 1000-2000$ for fakes out of Russia and Turkey.

Best

You may be missing my point. I know how counterfeiting works. Counterfeit Thai Brooks Brothers corduroy jackets probably don't exist anywhere in the world because that is a low end item of a mid range brand.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick check-in to see whether any of you have might have advice on the following situation: I sold an item with shipping to Europe and used First-Class International, which is slow, of course, but has always got the job done for me in the past and was the only moderately affordable option. I dropped the item off at the post office on Jan. 19, with a few other packages, and received a receipt and the accompanying scan record on the tracking: "USPS in possession of item."

Since then, however, there have been no updates on tracking. I no that First-Class updates less frequently than some other shipping methods, and is especially liable to go dark when going through customs and being transferred to the local courier, but my experience has been that there are at least a couple more updates (e.g., processing through regional facilities) before leaving the country. But I have nothing to indicate that this package has moved since being received by the post office.

It also seems as if there's no way to initiate an online inquiry into the status of a First-Class package? It tells me I can go in to inquire at the post office where I shipped the item, but the people working at my local post office are never helpful, whatever the issue, small or large.

Any advice? Should I just wait this out? Or has anyone handled an inquiry into the status of First-Class shipments before? Thanks in advance!

haloitsme

Reaction score
Quick check-in to see whether any of you have might have advice on the following situation: I sold an item with shipping to Europe and used First-Class International, which is slow, of course, but has always got the job done for me in the past and was the only moderately affordable option. I dropped the item off at the post office on Jan. 19, with a few other packages, and received a receipt and the accompanying scan record on the tracking: "USPS in possession of item."

Since then, however, there have been no updates on tracking. I no that First-Class updates less frequently than some other shipping methods, and is especially liable to go dark when going through customs and being transferred to the local courier, but my experience has been that there are at least a couple more updates (e.g., processing through regional facilities) before leaving the country. But I have nothing to indicate that this package has moved since being received by the post office.

It also seems as if there's no way to initiate an online inquiry into the status of a First-Class package? It tells me I can go in to inquire at the post office where I shipped the item, but the people working at my local post office are never helpful, whatever the issue, small or large.

Any advice? Should I just wait this out? Or has anyone handled an inquiry into the status of First-Class shipments before? Thanks in advance!
Is the customer complaining?
I had this but Austria -> USA, shipped with USPS as requested. Took 1 Month in the end.
Sometimes it gets scanned but not updated in the USPS system, have you gotten the European tracking number yet? Sometimes they book all movements on the new one.
Best

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the customer complaining?
I had this but Austria -> USA, shipped with USPS as requested. Took 1 Month in the end.
Sometimes it gets scanned but not updated in the USPS system, have you gotten the European tracking number yet? Sometimes they book all movements on the new one.
Best
Not so much a complaint as an “any updates?“ that will likely become more (understandably) complaining if I’m unable to provide the expected updates. Still hoping to see some movement soon, but a package sent to Hong Kong at the very same time as this package was shipped to Europe has seen consistent updates and is currently in Hong Kong, whereas there’s no evidence of the other package ever leaving the post office. And no, no European tracking number that I can find via the US tracking number provided. USPS advises to sit tight, and I have seen instances of very few updates prior to this, but can’t remember the last time I saw no updates at all. Perhaps a phone call could trigger some sort of movement? Thanks for the reply!

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Capture.PNG

Small brag... Hit a hard-earned milestone today.

The feedback, not the TRS.

Last edited:

haloitsme

Reaction score
Not so much a complaint as an “any updates?“ that will likely become more (understandably) complaining if I’m unable to provide the expected updates. Still hoping to see some movement soon, but a package sent to Hong Kong at the very same time as this package was shipped to Europe has seen consistent updates and is currently in Hong Kong, whereas there’s no evidence of the other package ever leaving the post office. And no, no European tracking number that I can find via the US tracking number provided. USPS advises to sit tight, and I have seen instances of very few updates prior to this, but can’t remember the last time I saw no updates at all. Perhaps a phone call could trigger some sort of movement? Thanks for the reply!
Maybe request investigation? When they can’t find it you get money :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics