• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $5.50 for something (with free shipping), that will cost at least $9 to ship. It’s now marked shipped. Let’s hope it shows.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There used to be one maintained here, I have that as my list, plus all my personal ones. PM me your email and I can share the google doc with you, it's too much text to send in a styfo message.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not ebay, Amazon question. I just sold a book that is heading for Japan, and I'm reading about sellers getting burned with import duties once the item actually arrives at its destination. In your experience, is there a shipper where this is more or less likely to happen? DHL comes up as the cheapest option by a few bucks, and the fastest by quite a bit, but I'm wondering if USPS shipments are less likely to be charged. (I'm also reading that I should go through and turn off international shipping on Amazon, but it's too late for this one.)

RFHansen

Reaction score
@Patrologia:
It is usually the buyer who has to pay import duties. I have never heard that this would fall back on the seller.
In my experience, shipping companies like UPS, DHL etc. have a better chance of getting shipments around customs, at least here in Denmark.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Not eBay related, but do any of you guys ever move items via SF buy & sell?
I recall some years ago, sales on SF made up a double digit percentage of my total sales, but since the forum was updated I don't believe I have had a single transaction here.
Anyone else having the same experience?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall some years ago, sales on SF made up a double digit percentage of my total sales, but since the forum was updated I don't believe I have had a single transaction here.
The same here.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Strange. I even reserve the best pieces for SF, thinking that people here might appreciate some NWT Lardini and Kingsman, but I don't even get questions or offers on anything. It's like trying to sell stuff to a door. Absolute silence. But then again, it seems to me that all platforms are more or less comatose by now. Abysmal sales stats on eBay, Grailed, Insta, and local classifieds, too.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After the B&S format changed, my sales went way down, so I stopped listing altogether.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Sad, but somewhat reassuring it's not just me.

It would be interesting to know what specifically has caused the drop in activity. It can't just be the fact that the forum has a different layout, can it?

div25sec9

Reaction score
I was a buyer on B&S, but I hardly ever even look there anymore. It is not easy to browse or even communicate with the seller. I had a purchase not ship, and because SF did not intervene, it was months to resolve via a Paypal dispute. The customer experience is not good, with no assistance from the host, so it's not surprising it has fallen off. I also do not bother to list there anymore.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhh. What? Was someone testing a bot? I did answer the question about whether they were for men (they are not).

Are "CHIPPEWA 1901W64 TALL BLACK PULL ON COWBOY BOOT 10M EXCELLENT CONDITION" for men, as if are those tall black leather boots perfect for mostly riding a horse as if to keep warm as if are those perfect boots for when the handsome man is in the practice pen for breakaway calf roping or other things like that, as if would mostly just the blue jeans tucked into "CHIPPEWA 1901W64 TALL BLACK PULL ON COWBOY BOOT 10M EXCELLENT CONDITION" be the best along with only a long-sleeved buttoned pastel shirt of mostly and apparently just light-blue as if I wonder why light-blue is very classic and also very classy, what’s your opinion as the real true done deal?

I’ll take your advice that I think blue jeans is totally more popular for sure! I like western riding better as do you think that blue jeans tucked into "CHIPPEWA 1901W64 TALL BLACK PULL ON COWBOY BOOT 10M EXCELLENT CONDITION" are better than skirts or dresses or jumpers?

Do you think blue jeans are better, easier to find and much better to wear instead of black dress pants and black leggings?

The most popular is blue jeans. It's the style since years. Blue jeans are the best. Blue jeans are for going to town, party's, visiting & other things. I’ll take your advice that I think blue jeans is totally more popular for sure!

I like western riding better as I really like to rope calves & I enjoy breakaway calf roping! :)

The most popular is blue jeans. It's the style since years. Blue jeans are the best. Blue jeans are for going to town, party's, visiting & other things. I’ll take your advice that I think blue jeans is totally more popular for sure!

Why is black perhaps the best choice of tall boots for riding and also for practice in the practice pen as if for breakaway calf roping as if it’s the style?

I like western riding better as I really like to rope calves & I enjoy breakaway calf roping! :)

I pick blue jeans to be tucked into the tall black boots instead of the black dress pants as what is your opinion?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain best way to fight a "doesn't match description or photos"? Do you accept, receive, call ebay and dispute reason then or dispute before they return? I seem to be going round and round on getting easy ones reversed like "color wasn't what I expected"

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone explain best way to fight a "doesn't match description or photos"? Do you accept, receive, call ebay and dispute reason then or dispute before they return? I seem to be going round and round on getting easy ones reversed like "color wasn't what I expected"
Not sure what your account settings are but here's how it goes for me with 30 Day Free Returns and TRS.

Buyer opens NAD return for fit or color reason.
Return is automatically accepted by free returns system.
Buyer returns item.
Refund given, selecting to withhold original shipping as the return was opened incorrectly, with short comment/explanation.
Ebay backs it, NAD mark removed from calculation at monthly service metric evaluation.
No call to ebay needed.

Edit: And then they send me a report of the protective actions each month.
1600351B-214B-41B0-B5FF-0224B2DA0364.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads