• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having Liu Wen as their spokesmodel is a sign of quality. She gets a lot of work for top brands.
Have a look
9F46D625-61AF-4752-A226-84E8FBA46420.jpeg

tonylamer

Reaction score
What do you guys make of this? There's a seller on eBay who lists outrageously poor fakes by some of the best-collected artists of the 20th century. It probably takes him 10 minutes to knock off a ****** paint smear in his garage. He lists these things as authentic with some bullshit provenance.

Here's the guy's feedback--it's basically all 1 buyer. Do you think this is a fake account or just someone who's really, really stupid? I've got no skin in this, it's just ridiculous. The seller is: kunstwerke789.

And check out this "Cezanne" he's listed. It's some thrift store oil actually signed by the amateur artist: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Cezan...325678?hash=item3da52eff2e:g:pzEAAOSwPrdcCuIr

Here's one of the "Joan Mitchell" pieces he sold:

jm.jpg

ebay1.JPG

ebay2.JPG

ebay3.JPG

Last edited:

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Hello guys !
I need your precious help and your opinion in something. I won from the same seller 2 auctions and then proceeded to ask her very politely, via personal message, if she could not charge me double shipping costs, but only one time. That happened 5 days ago... And still I haven't gotten a message from her.
I also haven't paid her, because I was waiting for an answer. But as it seems like, I will not get one... Should I pay her the full price (2 times the shipping costs although she will send me one packet) and then give her a mixed to negative review? Or what else do you have in mind?
Thanks a lot in advance :)

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys !
I need your precious help and your opinion in something. I won from the same seller 2 auctions and then proceeded to ask her very politely, via personal message, if she could not charge me double shipping costs, but only one time. That happened 5 days ago... And still I haven't gotten a message from her.
I also haven't paid her, because I was waiting for an answer. But as it seems like, I will not get one... Should I pay her the full price (2 times the shipping costs although she will send me one packet) and then give her a mixed to negative review? Or what else do you have in mind?
Items might not be in the same location, making it physically impossible to combine shipping. Before leaving a negative over this, consider all possibilities. In situations like this, it helps to clarify your expectations prior to committing to the purchase.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Items might not be in the same location, making it physically impossible to combine shipping. Before leaving a negative over this, consider all possibilities. In situations like this, it helps to clarify your expectations prior to committing to the purchase.
I totally agree with you! But shouldn't she at least reply ?? I do not think it is this difficult to write a 20 second message. Plus I kinda doubt that the items are in different locations, because she does not seem to sell that often (she has way more feedback from buying) and then the images have all the same background. I know that these are not realistic arguments, but I hope you get what I mean :)

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I totally agree with you! But shouldn't she at least reply ?? I do not think it is this difficult to write a 20 second message. Plus I kinda doubt that the items are in different locations, because she does not seem to sell that often (she has way more feedback from buying) and then the images have all the same background. I know that these are not realistic arguments, but I hope you get what I mean :)
If the seller doesn't sell items very often, they may not log onto their ebay account every day. I'd try sending a second message. Also, if you go to checkout, you should see a button that says "request total from seller" to prompt them to combine the shipping. Not sure if that option is still even available after the recent site changes, its been a while since I've used it as a buyer myself.

notdos

Reaction score
Hello guys !

If you didn’t ask prior to purchasing, then you should pay and move on.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contact them and let them know it's ready for pickup. After a while, I guess the item will be shipped back to you so you'll have both the item and the $. Wait for them to contact you and refund them their money minus shipping. Sucks but what can you do.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Contact them and let them know it's ready for pickup. After a while, I guess the item will be shipped back to you so you'll have both the item and the $. Wait for them to contact you and refund them their money minus shipping. Sucks but what can you do.
Hi, shipping back will cost more than the actual item itself. It is now in USA, shipped via Fedex Express ( 2 days) from EU.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
If you didn’t ask prior to purchasing, then you should pay and move on.
Oh come on! Like seriously? Wouldn't you be frustrated by that? First of all both items were auctions and secondly even if I sent a message, she would not answer.
Who does not answer their messages, when I have already sent 2 and I was veeery kind and polite about it? And who would pay double the shipping costs? That is common logic guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics