• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mail is goofy right now because the current administration is trying to make it so that their service is so awful that people will cheer the defunding/shutdown of the postal service.

If Trump is re-elected, the USPS will be a goner within a few years. I’m really curious how that would affect resellers
Yes but be realistic. It's not all on Trumps administration. The usps has been in a SIGNIFICANT deficit for well over 15 years. They are currently sitting at a 80 BILLION dollar yes BILLION dollar deficit. They are statistically the worst delivery system vs others. If they weren't a government entity they would have been out of bussiness a long time ago. They need to raise the price of shipping and stop giving deals to big companies like AMAZON who bury them deeper.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes but be realistic. It's not all on Trumps administration. The usps has been in a SIGNIFICANT deficit for well over 15 years. They are currently sitting at a 80 BILLION dollar yes BILLION dollar deficit. They are statistically the worst delivery system vs others. If they weren't a government entity they would have been out of bussiness a long time ago. They need to raise the price of shipping and stop giving deals to big companies like AMAZON who bury them deeper.

you might want to read up on how they were screwed by congress and are forced to keep money at hand for benefits for their employees for the next 75!!! Years...what do you think that does to their budgets?

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you might want to read up on how they were screwed by congress and are forced to keep money at hand for benefits for their employees for the next 75!!! Years...what do you think that does to their budgets?
Now now they haven't been making those payments. They have defaulted.They cant just keep kicking the can down the road. Forbes magazine says the same thing. Not on trump that money was due before he took office. In 2009 when they relaxed the payments they still defaulted. THEY ARE BROKE. Something has to give.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now now they haven't been making those payments. They have defaulted.They cant just keep kicking the can down the road. Forbes magazine says the same thing. Not on trump that money was due before he took office. In 2009 when they relaxed the payments they still defaulted. THEY ARE BROKE. Something has to give.

who said anything about Trump? Interesting read though and no doubt a good reorg is way overdue.

div25sec9

Reaction score
They need to charge more. I can buy a USPS label and pay a courier to take a package down across the border to drop at the post office than I can across my own city via CanadaPost!

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure evaluating government agencies using the profit metric makes sense. It's a service provided by the government using public money. Should the government be making a profit for providing us with clean water and air too? How about the interstate highway system? Oh, and my favorite, the national park system, the crown jewels of america?* Also running at a 'deficit.' Let's just ******* ditch them all.

USPS is also required by law to provide universal coverage. Love too see Fedex just dropping your rural area from its coverage because it's no longer profitable to service that last mile. I come from a country where the post office has been gutted and you need to use expensive private courier companies for every little mundane shipment. A lot of Americans really don't know how good they have it.

* Don't answer this. Just a rhetorical question. The last thing I want to see this morning is some libertarian going yes! YES! YES! YES!!!! to all four.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but putting someone in charge of this reorg who has $75M in stocks of USPS's competitors is probably not going to be optimal.

Let's put Bernie in charge or it, then us poor folks will get it for free and only richie rich will have to pay!

rwtc

Reaction score
What do you gents think of purchasing something NWT, then it arrives without the tag?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's fair.... is this something that one would usually raise a dispute with on ebay?
I guess it would depend on your intentions with the item, and the price. If it''s for flips, I might be a bit miffed. If it's for keeps and is otherwise new and I was going to pop the tag off anyway, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS has basically been forced to fail these last few months. The more pressure there is for states to expand mail in ballots due to coronavirus concerns the more this ************* so called administration has been putting USPS in the position to fail. Packages are arriving slow now due to massive staff cuts. I’m not the smartest person but when mail in ballots can be cast aside if they arrive late and someone is obviously creating a situation where Mail is being delivered late then hey quacks like a duck yea?
In other news, I’ve been making 2X the money listing on mercari and sending bulk delivers of women’s clothes to thredUP than i have Been the last 3 months on eBay with less than 1/4 the work. Thanks eBay, the more you **** the seller the more they will move elsewhere. There are many more options now than just 2-3 years ago

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They need to charge more. I can buy a USPS label and pay a courier to take a package down across the border to drop at the post office than I can across my own city via CanadaPost!
Raise US First Class stamps to $1 and remove the Congressional franking privilege.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, here goes nothing...

managed.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads