• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up and running with managed payments, I chose the weekly payout option (kind of annoying that ebay sets the payout day, not you). That brings me to my next question, which is probably far more simple than I realize. My payout date will be every Tuesday. Does that mean the money will land in my bank account on Tuesday or on Wednesday? Trying to configure all of this for my weekly automatic transfers to tax accounts, etc.
At some point a while back they indicated that once the payout is sent, it will take 2 to 3 business days to actually hit your bank account. So I would probably plan to see it Thursday/Friday. They did also say that they were working on making it go faster, but I am not sure if that has happened or not yet.

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
At some point a while back they indicated that once the payout is sent, it will take 2 to 3 business days to actually hit your bank account. So I would probably plan to see it Thursday/Friday. They did also say that they were working on making it go faster, but I am not sure if that has happened or not yet.

Thank you as always! You probably know more about their policies than some of the employees.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I juuuuuuust started using a credit card for everything a few months ago. Gonna miss all those points.
Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 8.13.58 AM.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man I juuuuuuust started using a credit card for everything a few months ago. Gonna miss all those points.
View attachment 1437827
I'm not entirely sure about this, but you may be able to use paypal and then select your CC from the list of paypal funding options. I have made larger purchases on ebay that way. Depends on what is on the next screen when you select paypal. If that doesn't work, you could use a third party shipping tool like fitshipper or pirateship with your CC as the funding source. Both of those services import the info from ebay, update tracking automatically and have SCAN form generation capability.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, has the mail been weird lately...

Thursday, 4 PM, I order something half a country away. It gets here Saturday morning!

I send out three items. One arrives on time, and I’m the best seller ever. The other two sit, mysteriously, for several days, then slowly putter along. Another thing I ordered takes a long, multi-state detour in the wrong direction.

FedEx deliveries show that labels have been created, but never mailed. Then they arrive.

Delivery guys either dgaf (regular drop off, no mask) or victimize with a perilous sense of caution. (I find my cookie delivery days later, baking in the sun, under the front wheel of my car. Video confirms the dude didn’t even head for the door, just jumps out in mask and gloves, tosses package, runs back to the van screaming, Holy ****!, Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a nice message from Helpy McHelperton today and gave him a civil response before adding him to my blocked bidder list.

They're all too expensive form arked through 2nds.

New message to: alevas
Good point.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of people have already figured that out. Volume is unusually high for this time of year and I am getting more multi-item orders.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mail is goofy right now because the current administration is trying to make it so that their service is so awful that people will cheer the defunding/shutdown of the postal service.

If Trump is re-elected, the USPS will be a goner within a few years. I’m really curious how that would affect resellers

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mail is goofy right now because the current administration is trying to make it so that their service is so awful that people will cheer the defunding/shutdown of the postal service.

If Trump is re-elected, the USPS will be a goner within a few years. I’m really curious how that would affect resellers

Get everything sold off ASAP

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah at least small money items for sure. Much fewer people are going to want to pay $20 to ship a $15-20 item.

Booksellers would be screwed hardest unless a universal ‘Media Mail’ discount was instituted.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 50-ish items are languishing.

I did have a fun ride with a Walkman, though. It was the one featured in the Netflix show 13 Reasons Why (extremely popular with teens). Found a broken one for $15. Bought it. Took an annoying photo with it. Listed it for $80 as an Instagram prop... then it was bought by a guy who repairs them and sells them for $150. :laugh:

Strange times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads