• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much counterfeit goods. Buyer beware. Been reporting it but ebay seems ok with it.

User
Brucelovestheocean

I don't think ebay cares. Take a look at the 'Thom-Browne' shirts you can buy in the $33 to $40 range including shipping from China. Putting a hyphen in there apparently makes it legit.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay only cares if the intellectual property owner reports it. Then they shut it down without even looking at it.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I would have thought that ebay would be interested in protecting the buyer.

Last edited:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback question: I have a buyer who left negative feedback because his/her package "never arrived" (although in subsequent correspondance, it sounds to me like they actually assume someone stole it off their porch!). USPS marks it delivered, whatever, I'll send a replacement just to keep the peace. It's a throw away item, super low cost, actually cheaper to replace than to refund.
Anyway, my question is this, am I better off (1) to get ebay to just remove the feedback (I'm pretty sure that would be automatic since the comment is about not getting it, and the tracking reads delivered), or (2) asking them to revise the feedback.
My inclination is to just have it removed, since I don't want buyers reading "he replaced the item quickly" in my feedback. Especially since on literally no other item could I have done that.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback question: I have a buyer who left negative feedback because his/her package "never arrived" (although in subsequent correspondance, it sounds to me like they actually assume someone stole it off their porch!). USPS marks it delivered, whatever, I'll send a replacement just to keep the peace. It's a throw away item, super low cost, actually cheaper to replace than to refund.
Anyway, my question is this, am I better off (1) to get ebay to just remove the feedback (I'm pretty sure that would be automatic since the comment is about not getting it, and the tracking reads delivered), or (2) asking them to revise the feedback.
My inclination is to just have it removed, since I don't want buyers reading "he replaced the item quickly" in my feedback. Especially since on literally no other item could I have done that.
If it shows "delivered," you can get the negative easily removed.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chaps, I need some help please.

Guy buys a jacket from me in December 2019, arrives safe, buyer gives positive feedback. Fast forward to today, almost 6 months after this I get a PayPal claim stating the coat is counterfeit (it’s not obv).

So...over the last six months turns out having looked through eBay this guy has been unsuccessfully trying to sell the jacket (using my original pictures I might add!) and it’s been relisted four times. On the last time it shows it sold for him (just over a week ago).

So what the hell so I do? Will Paypal even care if I show them that he’s sold it? Is he even told by Paypal to return it to me? Should I reach out to him and offer a return (see what he says) and upon receiving it (if he sends it) refund him?

I’ve been on eBay 20 years and these ******* stunts still piss me off. Tempted to call him on the phone (I have his phone number). Sigh. Advice would be welcome.

Just wanted to post an update for those of you that are interested. In the end the guy escalated the claim to PayPal and they told him to send the jacket back to me. Miraculously he has done and thankfully it seems in decent condition as it was when I sold it originally. Trouble is now I’m even doubting the authenticity after all this saga. What do you guys think? It’s definitely a Lambskin jacket and of high quality but could someone have sewn in the RRL tag?

126A87D1-81C4-43E3-87DB-D14CDD671895.jpeg
5F95794A-C5D1-446D-A3B5-0595FEF46B49.jpeg
779B1D77-9A36-4035-B032-B8759B748284.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update for those of you that are interested. In the end the guy escalated the claim to PayPal and they told him to send the jacket back to me. Miraculously he has done and thankfully it seems in decent condition as it was when I sold it originally. Trouble is now I’m even doubting the authenticity after all this saga. What do you guys think? It’s definitely a Lambskin jacket and of high quality but could someone have sewn in the RRL tag?

View attachment 1436812 View attachment 1436813 View attachment 1436814
Is it my eyes or is there a second set of stitch holes around the outside of the RRL label? If so, it would appear that a larger label may have been removed. Also doesn't really seem like a RRL style of jacket.

Last edited:

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a limit on how many ebay accounts you can have?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to only be allowed one account, but now you can have as many as you want. I believe you need separate email addresses though.

Thanks Wes, need to find some more email addresses as its already a pain to have to check another since you can only be logged into the app on one account at a time. I've already got unlimited email addresses thru my website that all forward to my gmail, bet I can just use those and still only have to check one other email account for sales.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought something, and PayPal says my payment went to “eBay help” (along with a link that leads to eBay help topics).

My other purchases look like this: “You paid $5 to Craig’s Crap!”.

Is this managed payments?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One for your block list: shipsandtugs

He bought a Filson shirt that had flaws, clearly described and photographed, then opened a SNAD, claiming the listing called the shirt “flawless”. He was kind of a dick about it, so I really tried to kill him with kindness, being as polite as possible. He never sent the return back, so eBay closed the case, *then* he left me a neg. I’m trying to get it removed.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1436812 View attachment 1436813 View attachment 1436814
Not rrl. That label is for newer Rrl as the banner flag changed. That interior label isn't what is being used.
Is the RN#on it.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not rrl. That label is for newer Rrl as the banner flag changed. That interior label isn't what is being used.
Is the RN#on it.

Thanks both. Seems I got done back along and didn’t even see it at the time. Now I’ve looked at it again and thought about it more, it’s definitely dodgy.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Up and running with managed payments, I chose the weekly payout option (kind of annoying that ebay sets the payout day, not you). That brings me to my next question, which is probably far more simple than I realize. My payout date will be every Tuesday. Does that mean the money will land in my bank account on Tuesday or on Wednesday? Trying to configure all of this for my weekly automatic transfers to tax accounts, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads