• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A buyer’s question for the forum:

I bought an item with the BIN option and paid (PayPal) immediately. The seller sent the package right away and I received it with no issue. The day after it arrived he messaged me to say that he hasn’t received the money in his account. I confirmed that eBay shows I have paid. I then went to look in my PayPal account and it shows that the email address he used isn’t an actual PayPal account and so they are holding on to the money waiting for him to create an account.

In the meantime he opened an Unpaid Item Case against me. I showed him the information that I found in my PayPal transaction and he was able to sort it out on his end and retrieve the money. He then closed the unpaid item case.

My question is: does the Unpaid Item Case have any negative impact on me as a buyer? Should I contact eBay in order to clear it from my account?
No, you are all good.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do what you wish with this info. I considered up-selling him on a fluid swab or crotch sniff test for $25 a pop. Unfortunately my CSI kit was all the way downstairs in the garage, so it was going to take me longer than 90 seconds. So I just decided to answer "No" as a one-and-done response to everything, and blocked him before he bought anything.

View attachment 1431468
Please respond with the following:

I'm gonna level with you here, Jack. Those pants are in a bin out in the shed. There's a possum in that shed named Cindy and she's mean as hell. She don't take kindly to no visitors. As far as I'm concerned, unless you've paid for em, I'm not going near those damn pants.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please respond with the following:

I'm gonna level with you here, Jack. Those pants are in a bin out in the shed. There's a possum in that shed named Cindy and she's mean as hell. She don't take kindly to no visitors. As far as I'm concerned, unless you've paid for em, I'm not going near those damn pants.

He responded to my simple “No” response for clarification. “So to be clear, there is no shine on the seat?” I replied “No, these pants don’t have pleats”

madeinbogota

Reaction score
In regards to the new managed payments interface...I admittedly haven't done the legwork in terms of research that I should have by now. My main question is, will payments automatically be sent to our bank when we receive them now instead of PayPal? I enjoyed having them build until every Sunday night and then withdrawing a lump sum to my bank account, it's been great for automatic investment timing which I always set for Mondays.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In regards to the new managed payments interface...I admittedly haven't done the legwork in terms of research that I should have by now. My main question is, will payments automatically be sent to our bank when we receive them now instead of PayPal? I enjoyed having them build until every Sunday night and then withdrawing a lump sum to my bank account, it's been great for automatic investment timing which I always set for Mondays.
Yes, your payments, minus fees, are deposited daily or weekly, (with a couple days processing delay)

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Yes, your payments, minus fees, are deposited daily or weekly, (with a couple days processing delay)
Appreciate your help sir. Do we get to choose whether it's daily/weekly, or is that done by eBay?

rhz5001

Reaction score
Am I the only one in here getting hit with an extra 5% VERY HIGH SNAD final value fees? I find it hard to believe my peers selling menswear only have .78 SNAD return for every 100 items. I consistently have 2.xx which seems pretty damn good... Getting hit with $1000 extra + in fees every month is getting old.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has ebay reformatted the selling forms? I am listing something and am seeing references to paying insertion fees. I still have free listings left for this month, and I don't remember seeing this before.
Has this been there all along and I'm noticing now because it has been reformatted?
Is there a glitch that is charging me before I get to 50 measly little listings?

I know we're just talking about 35 cents, but still.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling some Alden on eBay and have 'no international shipping' selected but someone from Japan has bid. I'm not set up for international. Is it a big deal? If I sign up will all the fees be covered. Any guidance is appreciated. First timer here. thanks

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm selling some Alden on eBay and have 'no international shipping' selected but someone from Japan has bid. I'm not set up for international. Is it a big deal? If I sign up will all the fees be covered. Any guidance is appreciated. First timer here. thanks
They will probably use one of the many mail forwarding services if they win. If so, you will only have to ship to the US address, and then they will ship to the buyer.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has ebay reformatted the selling forms? I am listing something and am seeing references to paying insertion fees. I still have free listings left for this month, and I don't remember seeing this before.
Has this been there all along and I'm noticing now because it has been reformatted?
Is there a glitch that is charging me before I get to 50 measly little listings?

I know we're just talking about 35 cents, but still.
You should be able to double check it by going to your account tab and looking at the running total for the current invoice.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proceed accordingly.
Complained about shipping costs *after* purchase. Canada to Germany transaction.

gould1234:

Cd for shipment is terrible, it´s really hight, it´s not the first time i get an delivery from USA or Canada. I suppose I must pay also customs clearance.​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads