• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New question!

You have two watchers. One has already made an offer. If you use the ‘send offer’ feature (which usually sends to all watchers), will it send to the person who’s already made an offer, or just the watcher who hasn’t...

I’d like to sell for the highest price I can, of course, but don’t want to scare away the first guy who already made an offer.
It'll only send the offer to watchers who haven't received one yet. As far as I know you can only send an interested buyer one offer during the lifespan of the listing.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgive the incessant posting; I’m really bummed about all the problems with this one.

Has anyone mailed perfume internationally?

I haven’t been able to figure out what keeps happening to my sale after it completes. Reps have re-enabled the auction and let her purchase THREE TIMES. International mailing to all countries is enabled. When the purchase goes through, the buyer is unable to pay; it says there’s a problem with address. Their country disappears from the long list mentioned in the shipping section, and the listing now mentions local pickup.

Buyer has forwarded me two transactions this week where she bought perfume from the US, so it seems to work.

Spoke with three reps who didn’t know how to help. After Googling, it appears you can’t mail perfume internationally ... but everyone seems to do it. (I won’t do anything prohibited by law, just wondering if there are workarounds, as everyone else seems to do it).

Now the person is messaging about buying it outside eBay, and I don’t want to get flagged.

;(

div25sec9

Reaction score
Here's one for the blocked list:

dacamp-8172: complains that it's less expensive to ship elsewhere than to him. I explained that it costs more to ship to his address than the other countries, thus the greater shipping quote... but he still can't grasp that.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
^ And _0 strikes again. As regards @noob in 89 's question about the godawful mess eBay makes of the truncated mobile section, I list using Auctiva and they provide a separate field for "mobile description" that is limited to 800 characters. I usually just cut'n'paste my full description in there, then edit it until it goes below the character limit. In those cases, the mobile descriptions appear to work just fine. However, I have no idea how to do this in eBay itself, or whether GarageSale allows this (@capnwes ?) for those who list that way. Within eBay, I'd have to assume that if you write short descriptions (under 800 characters) in the main field, then they should work ok in the mobile field, but, of course, eBay, so YMMV . . .

Warning: using Auctiva to complete both description fields means that there is now a significantly increased risk of failing to update the mobile description field when you use a prior listing template, thereby having the incorrect information in the mobile field. I know this because prospective buyers have let me know. Sigh. :brick:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
limited to 800 characters. I usually just cut'n'paste my full description in there, then edit it until it goes below the character limit.

Oh, nice. Thanks! I’ll try keeping it under that limit.

Had another pleasant transaction today. Asked about an item, dude says it’s perfect, except it’s missing the handle. Cool. Then I get another email: “Oh yeah — I’m also selling a handle that would fit it!”

“Wait, is it the handle that fell off?”

“...”

“...”

“...yes.”

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, nice. Thanks! I’ll try keeping it under that limit.

Had another pleasant transaction today. Asked about an item, dude says it’s perfect, except it’s missing the handle. Cool. Then I get another email: “Oh yeah — I’m also selling a handle that would fit it!”

“Wait, is it the handle that fell off?”

“...”

“...”

“...yes.”
Now you have a moral obligation to share the name of the seller

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do what you wish with this info. I considered up-selling him on a fluid swab or crotch sniff test for $25 a pop. Unfortunately my CSI kit was all the way downstairs in the garage, so it was going to take me longer than 90 seconds. So I just decided to answer "No" as a one-and-done response to everything, and blocked him before he bought anything.

25829E50-FA7F-43E9-9304-D48EC07440FC_4_5005_c.jpeg

vestbash

Reaction score
Do what you wish with this info. I considered up-selling him on a fluid swab or crotch sniff test for $25 a pop. Unfortunately my CSI kit was all the way downstairs in the garage, so it was going to take me longer than 90 seconds. So I just decided to answer "No" as a one-and-done response to everything, and blocked him before he bought anything.

View attachment 1431468

I've read this 3 times and I can't figure out what he is *really* asking for. I'm not sure I want to know.

masaccio

Reaction score
A buyer’s question for the forum:

I bought an item with the BIN option and paid (PayPal) immediately. The seller sent the package right away and I received it with no issue. The day after it arrived he messaged me to say that he hasn’t received the money in his account. I confirmed that eBay shows I have paid. I then went to look in my PayPal account and it shows that the email address he used isn’t an actual PayPal account and so they are holding on to the money waiting for him to create an account.

In the meantime he opened an Unpaid Item Case against me. I showed him the information that I found in my PayPal transaction and he was able to sort it out on his end and retrieve the money. He then closed the unpaid item case.

My question is: does the Unpaid Item Case have any negative impact on me as a buyer? Should I contact eBay in order to clear it from my account?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads