• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble assigning automation rules to listings this week? I ran a bunch of seven day auctions starting last Sunday (these were my first auctions in several months). When I try to change the automation rule to ‘list continuously until an item sells’, I get an error message saying that their servers are down.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice lately, where eBay site doesn't update tracking (just shows initial tracking provided), but meanwhile Canada Post (maybe this is just a Canada thing?) site itself shows the tracking fine, including package being delivered?

No problem yet, but just want to avoid scammy buyers from saying item not delivered solely with eBay's tracking status.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rest in peace. Got 3x strobe flash units for about $15 total ( that was the price for the set). One died about a year ago, now another one bit it. Shooting on 1 strobe, es no bueno, shadow city. Any recommendations for good flash units thrify bros? 15945966530734100063338136493610.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, this has become my new biggest pet peeve:

Sellers who list old electronics as ‘untested’, often in a midrange price, in hopes someone will buy it, gambling that it might work.

I can see this in some cases (like obsolete batteries/chargers that are missing), but in many others, the charger is sitting *right there* in the last photograph. I’ve had a few recent exchanges like this:

“Yeah, man. I don’t know if it works. I haven’t tested it.”

“I see that the charger’s right there. Could you plug it in and update me?”

“Well, this is being sold as untested.”

“So it doesn’t work?”

“No, it totally could!”

Do you guys do this? Are you among the lazy evil sellers!

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with people? Just had someone ask to cancel an order that they bought and paid for on Saturday about 5pm because they didn't think it had shipped yet and they are leaving the country tomorrow. It did ship today, but unless it's Prime, who buys something Saturday and expects USPS to have it there by Tuesday. ******* morons.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For real. Where are they going? Barely any countries are letting us in right now (assuming the buyer is from the States).

madeinbogota

Reaction score
For real. Where are they going? Barely any countries are letting us in right now (assuming the buyer is from the States).
I sure wouldn't if I was any other country lol

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, this has become my new biggest pet peeve:

Sellers who list old electronics as ‘untested’, often in a midrange price, in hopes someone will buy it, gambling that it might work.

I can see this in some cases (like obsolete batteries/chargers that are missing), but in many others, the charger is sitting *right there* in the last photograph. I’ve had a few recent exchanges like this:

“Yeah, man. I don’t know if it works. I haven’t tested it.”

“I see that the charger’s right there. Could you plug it in and update me?”

“Well, this is being sold as untested.”

“So it doesn’t work?”

“No, it totally could!”

Do you guys do this? Are you among the lazy evil sellers!
I do It, even if you have a charger for a game console doesn’t mean just because it gets power that it actually works let’s say you do have the charger, and other cables needed and no game to put it you will still have to list as untested because you couldn’t actually test the console 100%

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do It, even if you have a charger for a game console doesn’t mean just because it gets power that it actually works let’s say you do have the charger, and other cables needed and no game to put it you will still have to list as untested because you couldn’t actually test the console 100%

Yeah, that sounds like it makes sense because you wouldn’t have all the necessary information.

I was looking at vintage discmans. THREE PEOPLE had a charger, CD and headphones in their pics. They didn’t want to answer “does it turn on when plugged in”. :facepalm:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also: bros:

how do you select a label for Priority shoe box on eBay?

one guy in 2017 said to select a regional box because “it’s the closest” to the dimensions needed (7.5 x 5 1/8 x 14 3/8) but I don’t want to risk it as they don’t match up.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also: bros:

how do you select a label for Priority shoe box on eBay?

one guy in 2017 said to select a regional box because “it’s the closest” to the dimensions needed (7.5 x 5 1/8 x 14 3/8) but I don’t want to risk it as they don’t match up.
Just like if you were using your own, non-USPS box. Choose Priority and then enter weight and approximate dimensions.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Untested” is the get out of jail free card in case it has issues. Hard to test all functions of various electronics. I have a few electronic items that I’m dreading selling for this exact reason. Doesn’t help that one of the last electronic items I sold was a $1k amp that UPS destroyed and I had to get insurance to pay me back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads