• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In other news, this pandemic sucks. I thought if I couldn’t thrift, I could at least sell items from my meager pile, but I’ve just had person after person trying to return things. Today a guy who joined eBay this year wrote me saying a pristine Hermès tie arrived stained *and* with a hole in it. I asked for pics — at least he might have to ruin it, instead of sending me an empty envelope.

Everything sucks!

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, do you guys really have an issue with people reusing pictures? It’s never bothered me if it’s the same item and they were the ones who purchased it.

Of course I don’t give a damn but it’s something to throw in the mix when trying to dispute his dumbass claim.

Btw, sorry to hear about your tie issue. Probably just trying to call your bluff and see if you’ll give him a part refund. Just wait for the “It’s not too bad actually but I’m still really disappointed. I think I could still wear it. What can you do?” message.

tgaith77

Reaction score
I had to go back and look at your original post @thebuddahman. The guy filed a counterfeit claim for an item that, by his own admission, he no longer possesses? He wants to keep the money that he made from selling a (claimed) counterfeit item, using your pictures...but then also wants a refund from you?

What is wrong with humans?

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to go back and look at your original post @thebuddahman. The guy filed a counterfeit claim for an item that, by his own admission, he no longer possesses? He wants to keep the money that he made from selling a (claimed) counterfeit item, using your pictures...but then also wants a refund from you?

What is wrong with humans?
Brilliant isn’t it! :rolleyes:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That seems to be a new one for this thread — an unprecedented level of bad buyer?

Btw, sorry to hear about your tie issue. Probably just trying to call your bluff and see if you’ll give him a part refund.

Here’s how that went down. I apologized and asked for pictures. He said he’d send them right away, then twelve hours later, he sent a pic of the tie with a plausible-looking ketchup stain and an implausible-looking hole. (The hole and the stain were right on top of each other, too).

Disappointing, since I check ties extra carefully now having sent one off to concealed unexamined. That was embarrassing. :facepalm:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people ask? What the **** do they expect? It's a Supreme item, 3rd person asking. I mean, if you don't know, who the **** cares? Do you like it? Are you a hype beast? ******* buy it. If you do know- well... you know.

1593730259617.png

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amen! @txwoodworker

and if it wasn’t authentic, do you think the person selling it is going to admit to it? Haha. Supreme and Polo items really bring out the stupid questions in my experience.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
During these trying times, as I'm sure some of you can also attest to, we've had many issues with shipping as of late--especially with our international customers.

Some packages, having been sent out just before the pandemic hit, are still en route--at least according to USPS tracking.

And eBay, such as it is, is set up to benefit the customer in ways that are often times detrimental to the seller, case in point here: we have a customer who's package had taken longer than usual to arrive. After opening up and escalating the case with eBay they found the final judgement in his favor and awarded him a full refund.

As luck would have it this mysteriously located package eventually found it's way to our customer's home. My initial anger quickly dissipated when he followed up with this message.

Still some good people out there.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 8.03.09 PM.png

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people ask? What the **** do they expect? It's a Supreme item, 3rd person asking. I mean, if you don't know, who the **** cares? Do you like it? Are you a hype beast? ******* buy it. If you do know- well... you know.

View attachment 1417111

Such a dumbass question on so many levels. I get that question on TB shirts when I have put the words "Authentic" and "Genuine" in the description. And of course there is no percentage of authenticity. It is authentic or it is counterfeit. I don't have a lot of patience with sloppy thinking.

Question authenticity in two messages and you join my blocked bidder list.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been so long since I've won a case that I wasn't totally sure that they'd side with me on this one... But hey, do you believe in miracles?

Dude sent this message:

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.39.21 PM.png

I replied the next morning, after he'd already opened a SNAD return:

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.39.54 PM.png

He responded:

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.40.12 PM.png

I called Ebay just now to talk about this return and also to close out another return where the buyer had mentioned cancelling the return, but had never actually done so.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.50.50 PM.png

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do hope that this process turns out okay...

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.49.41 PM.png

eddiegreen

Reaction score

View attachment 1417111
I get so much of this with hypebeast sneakers!, do you have proof of authenticity?, where did you get them from?
i tell them that all new replicas come with StockX tags, and by googling ‘sneaker receipts’ you can order any receipt from any store you like.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I do hope that this process turns out okay...

View attachment 1417684
I sure hope so. They have been trying to tell me I need to make the change, but I'm pissed about the whole thing. I have used my PayPal account exclusively for eBay for almost 20 years. I buy all inventory using the PP Mastercard attached to the account, and usually keep a chunk of $$ in there. Plus, when I use the PP MC for purchases, I get a percent back for not using a PIN. It all adds up. And it automatically keeps all my eBay stuff separate and recorded for the accountant.

But now, I have to open a whole new bank account, and figure out which credit card or combination of same will get me the best yield in terms of points of cash back. Plus, according to the terms, I don't get the $$ from eBay for a day or few, rather than right away. I guess if eBay starts forcing immediate payment it will all wash out. But still . . .

The only advantage I can see is that eBay will deduct all of their own fees prior to $$ distribution, so gone will be the days of having a whopping month followed by a lean month that contains the whopping fee bill for the prior month. That part I can live with.

I have said for decades that the world has been ruined by MBA mentality, and the relentless push to maximize profits (and for some a'hole to get their megabonus by screwing the customer/vendor/whoever in that pursuit). This is nothing about sellers like us. It's all about the 'Bay and the greed of its senior operatives, and perhaps their giant sellers who push out gobs of generic items like Amazon. But for people like us? Naaaaah . . .

Anyway /rant. And for those of you who have either transitioned to managed payments, or are preparing for it, I ask: what systems you have set up to make it work? Have you figured out how to maximize yield by using a points/cashback card and how do you have that set up in the system? Any clever workarounds? Just trying to save myself some time, and asking you to share your finagling brilliance. Thx in advance.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I switched to Cap One from the PP debit card. Not only do I get the 1% back (more on some purchases) but I can use the same card for ebay postage and to pay my ebay fees. Something I couldn't do with the PP debit card. The only annoyance is having to pay off the card a couple times a month because they started me out w/ a $2k limit. It's easy enough to do so w/ connected bank accounts though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics