• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a dispute where it gives you the chance to respond first before escalating to PayPal. It’s outside of the eBay window to open a case with them.

I already posted a message as a response (rightly or wrongly, I couldnt resist) giving a vaguely veiled threat that I wouldn’t tolerate being taken for a fool and had evidence that he tried to sell the jacket three times and in fact did so a week ago. I told him I was also aware he had stolen my original pictures to make his listings. I dunno, I know how these things usually go with PayPal and buyers claiming counterfeit claims. I suppose I have to hope that by escalating the case and showing he’s apparently sold the item he wouldn’t be able to then show how he could send back the jacket to me. Would PayPal even care about the item itself or is the onus on me to prove it isn’t counterfeit?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I lose sight of the fact that 99% of them are the good guys. I sold a Sea Island Cotton shirt to a European buyer.

Here is a rough timeline:
1. Early April a European buyer purchases a Sea Island Cotton shirt.
2. Mid May he messages that he hasn't received it but is waiting patiently.
3. Early June I get another polite message and tell him to open an 'item not received' case. I refund.
4. I get this message today:

New message from: beehive1 (928 Purple Star )
This shirt finally arrived today. Please send me a Paypal invoice for the original cost and I'll pay.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Sometimes I lose sight of the fact that 99% of them are the good guys. I sold a Sea Island Cotton shirt to a European buyer.

Here is a rough timeline:
1. Early April a European buyer purchases a Sea Island Cotton shirt.
2. Mid May he messages that he hasn't received it but is waiting patiently.
3. Early June I get another polite message and tell him to open and 'item not received' case.
4. I get this message today:

New message from: beehive1 (928 Purple Star )
This shirt finally arrived today. Please send me a Paypal invoice for the original cost and I'll pay.
Agreed, in my 40,000+ transactions there are def more good people out there then bad. Its just the bad ones you hear about on here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Retired my Nikon D3100 today. Checked the shutter count, been through 3 or 4 lenses, but I'd say I got my money's worth. It was taking pics OK, but activating the flash was spotty, and it was time for another lens. Replaced it with a EOS Rebel T6i. Much faster shooting, but I have to get the hang of the new controls.
Screenshot_20200629-112728_Messages.jpg

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Retired my Nikon D3100 today. Checked the shutter count, been through 3 or 4 lenses, but I'd say I got my money's worth. It was taking pics OK, but activating the flash was spotty, and it was time for another lens. Replaced it with a EOS Rebel T6i. Much faster shooting, but I have to get the hang of the new controls.
View attachment 1415130

Pretty happy with my last Canon, hopefully will get close to the same lifespan with this one.

fullsizeoutput_c1d8.jpeg

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll have my a6500 for quite a while. I’m at like 15,000 now.
5F6D1094-1A8A-4B76-94C7-B3106D2748A9.jpeg

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a dispute where it gives you the chance to respond first before escalating to PayPal. It’s outside of the eBay window to open a case with them.

I already posted a message as a response (rightly or wrongly, I couldnt resist) giving a vaguely veiled threat that I wouldn’t tolerate being taken for a fool and had evidence that he tried to sell the jacket three times and in fact did so a week ago. I told him I was also aware he had stolen my original pictures to make his listings. I dunno, I know how these things usually go with PayPal and buyers claiming counterfeit claims. I suppose I have to hope that by escalating the case and showing he’s apparently sold the item he wouldn’t be able to then show how he could send back the jacket to me. Would PayPal even care about the item itself or is the onus on me to prove it isn’t counterfeit?

So an update to this:

The guy posted a response today in the PayPal dispute confirming that he has sold it to someone else and THEY are the ones claiming it is counterfeit. Surely his admission that he doesn’t even have the item means that PayPal would side with me? I don’t see how he can have a valid claim on an item he doesn’t even have. Or am I wrong?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So an update to this:

The guy posted a response today in the PayPal dispute confirming that he has sold it to someone else and THEY are the ones claiming it is counterfeit. Surely his admission that he doesn’t even have the item means that PayPal would side with me? I don’t see how he can have a valid claim on an item he doesn’t even have. Or am I wrong?
How do we know he didn't keep the real one you sold him and sell his counterfeit one using your pictures? Or worse, the third party could be scamming him and returning a counterfeit item or a box of rocks.

Did you call paypal yet? Might help to talk to a person as well.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a **** show. Sounds like he just got a dishonest buyer and is now flailing about.

Please update us with PayPal’s response!

Also, do you guys really have an issue with people reusing pictures? It’s never bothered me if it’s the same item and they were the ones who purchased it.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So an update to this:

If you don't win that dispute then I am at a loss. The piece has changed hands again and some random is supposedly claiming it isn't authentic, not him, but the person he sold it to? I cannot see a scenario you don't win this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads