• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FPB

Reaction score
Ok, I'm wondering if I should leave this seller negative feedback. He's a forum sponsor by the way. Found a Kiton jacket with a $199 starting bid, listed as NWT. A day later the starting bid is now $599. Bummer, but I make an offer for $300 which is rejected and countered with a BIN of $900. Ok, apparently I've offended the seller, but I was a little annoyed that the opening bid increased $400. I make another offer for $525, which is accepted. Jacket arrives a couple days later. It's missing the interior breast pocket buttons and has no tags. I email the seller and ask about both, he says he'll check and send them if he has them. No communication after that. Seller is in Italy so I give the mail some time. A month goes by and I receive nothing. I email again and receive an unintelligible response - just a few words that make no sense. I reply and say that I do not understand. No response. Should I leave negative feedback? It would likely be about the missing tags and buttons.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm wondering if I should leave this seller negative feedback. He's a forum sponsor by the way. Found a Kiton jacket with a $199 starting bid, listed as NWT. A day later the starting bid is now $599. Bummer, but I make an offer for $300 which is rejected and countered with a BIN of $900. Ok, apparently I've offended the seller, but I was a little annoyed that the opening bid increased $400. I make another offer for $525, which is accepted. Jacket arrives a couple days later. It's missing the interior breast pocket buttons and has no tags. I email the seller and ask about both, he says he'll check and send them if he has them. No communication after that. Seller is in Italy so I give the mail some time. A month goes by and I receive nothing. I email again and receive an unintelligible response - just a few words that make no sense. I reply and say that I do not understand. No response. Should I leave negative feedback? It would likely be about the missing tags and buttons.
Changing the opening bid is one thing. You could have easily put a bid in at $199 and he couldn't have changed it after that. Outside of that, I still think you're justified in leaving negative feedback. The jacket is not NWT if the tags are removed. I couldn't tell you how many times I've found the original tags in the pocket, but those jackets certainly were not new.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Hello to everyone here!
I have some doubts about a seller that I bought from yesterday. I won 4 auctions from him (4 handmade suit trousers) and I was pretty excited. I haven't paid him yet, because when the auction ended and I won the items, he listed then again one of the trousers with the same photos, description etc... I immediately emailed him and asked him if he has more than one of them, and after almost a day I still don't have a reply. What should I do? Do you think that I should proceed with the payment? His rating is 100% positive too. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here!
I have some doubts about a seller that I bought from yesterday. I won 4 auctions from him (4 handmade suit trousers) and I was pretty excited. I haven't paid him yet, because when the auction ended and I won the items, he listed then again one of the trousers with the same photos, description etc... I immediately emailed him and asked him if he has more than one of them, and after almost a day I still don't have a reply. What should I do? Do you think that I should proceed with the payment? Thanks a lot!

Yesterday was Sunday. Give the dude 24 hours during the work week to respond. It’s also not hard to imagine that someone selling on eBay would have multiples of the same item.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Yesterday was Sunday. Give the dude 24 hours during the work week to respond. It’s also not hard to imagine that someone selling on eBay would have multiples of the same item.
Ok, true, i agree. I am just worried, because he listed it with the same photo and ''sketchy'' description. I should wait maybe and will see

FPB

Reaction score
Changing the opening bid is one thing. You could have easily put a bid in at $199 and he couldn't have changed it after that. Outside of that, I still think you're justified in leaving negative feedback. The jacket is not NWT if the tags are removed. I couldn't tell you how many times I've found the original tags in the pocket, but those jackets certainly were not new.

Good thoughts, thank you.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frustrated... My local post office instituted drop-off only rules. You can't wait for them to scan.
...I am really growing tired of this COVID bullshit.
edit: And, yes, I did switch to another post office that scans packages while I wait.

I find a lot of these new "rules" for COVID19 are just to cover for the already incompetent and crappy service said business/government office/medical institution/etc had before.

So unnecessary.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Let’s be honest, do you care for tags, buttons? If you like the full experiences of Kiton you should go into the kiton boutique. If it’s new, no damage who cares? Just my 2 cents

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, do you care for tags, buttons? If you like the full experiences of Kiton you should go into the kiton boutique. If it’s new, no damage who cares? Just my 2 cents
Tags, buttons, not so much. Advertising something as new when it isn't, and has actual flaws, yes.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MY FIRST RETURN, PART II: WHAT DO

Well, this is more a rephrasing of part one. Dude requests return of a football jersey with a reason of “Just don’t like it” and in the comments notes it just doesn’t seem to be the same quality as his other jerseys by the same brand.

I respond that I don’t accept returns.

He writes that he was just being nice; the jersey is a fake.

I reply that he is trying to change the reason for the return; he is an experienced seller (1500-ish sales) and knows this. Also, all pertinent markers (tags, everything) were photographed and viewable before purchase.

Should I just decline the return? Will I be forced to return it anyway? Can I get bad feedback removed if he leaves it after asking for a return?

tgaith77

Reaction score
You can try and be polite and courteous, remind him of his obligations as a buyer to review pictures, ask all questions before purchasing, etc. Unfortunately, if he's set on getting a refund and claiming its fake, it's your word against his. There's not much your going to be able to do...you'll likely end up taking the return. Just depends how much time you want to fight it.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
MY FIRST RETURN, PART II: WHAT DO

Well, this is more a rephrasing of part one. Dude requests return of a football jersey with a reason of “Just don’t like it” and in the comments notes it just doesn’t seem to be the same quality as his other jerseys by the same brand.

I respond that I don’t accept returns.

He writes that he was just being nice; the jersey is a fake.

I reply that he is trying to change the reason for the return; he is an experienced seller (1500-ish sales) and knows this. Also, all pertinent markers (tags, everything) were photographed and viewable before purchase.

Should I just decline the return? Will I be forced to return it anyway? Can I get bad feedback removed if he leaves it after asking for a return?

I would just take it back and resell it before he leaves you neg feedback that you might or might not get removed depending on how he words it and how nice an eBay rep you get is.

Also "just didnt like it" is a buyers remorse return so you A) wont have to refund any org shipping if he paid for shipping, B) wont pay for return shipping, C) wont get a defect. Its the best of the kind of reasons he could have picked for you.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are fighting a losing battle by not allowing returns. If you think about the reality of the situation your return policy is actually "No returns for honest buyers". It is easy for a dishonest buyer to force a return.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads