• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid Ebay, and their spammy "coupon/ad emails", that show items, that the coupons/promo don't even apply to.
(it was one of @SpooPoker 's items actually....it was an auction, so obviously didn't qualify). lol.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am increasingly happy that I cut out international shipping long ago.
The way things are here now, it is folly to offer it. I've cut it out for now, and I doubt that I'll go back. I can't sell perfume to international customers, and I can't remember my last international purchase for anything else.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I shipped stuff to Macedonia, Japan, China, UK, France, Spain, Mexico, Sweden, The Netherlands and Singapore.... and thats just today!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
International deliveries, we're just stuck refunding now? I only have a few, but nothing has made it in the past couple months. Only have had one person open a case, and it was probably the least overall $, just refunded $39

This one will be a couple hundred bucks when the guy opens a case.

View attachment 1398416
This one was shipped April 6th. Surprised to see an update, maybe there's a chance.
View attachment 1398426
Departed London...
View attachment 1398424
I hope you bought 3rd party insurance to cover package loss or damages. Your second and third shipments may not have any issues. So far all of my shipments (1) without a departure scan from a USPS International Distribution Center or (2) delivery scan after "departed London" were delivered.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do international shipping, here’s one for your block lists.

3E24499B-FDA6-4695-B1E6-EFDCC1161490.jpeg

jalebi

Reaction score
Do these people not realise the importer pays VAT and customs? Surely eBay will side with you?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you do international shipping, here’s one for your block lists.

View attachment 1400820
It's my understanding when buyer refuses package they lose buyer protection. That should include returned packages due to unpaid duty and taxes?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do these people not realise the importer pays VAT and customs? Surely eBay will side with you?

Oh, eBay will absolutely side with me. I’m especially annoyed in this case because I went through the trouble of combining shipping for him and had to relist the items because he put in the wrong shipping address the first time.

kurenai

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Quick queries that I was hoping some of you more experienced eBay folks can advice

I had an item that was marked delivered about 2 weeks ago that my warehouse did not receive (they have never had an issue with over a 100 items for me over the course of a few years)

I have bought numerous items from this seller with no issues too, especially details of the delivery address/tracking etc.

However, I've had my first experience where my item seems to have disappeared (and its a costly one 400+ USD) and i'm working with the seller to try and figure out what happened.

Courier used was USPS

I'm pretty sure they have messed up the scan/delivery

1) Is it possible to get them to provide me the GPS location of where exactly they dropped my package off/scanned it
2) Are there any other things I can do to identify the lapse area so I can locate my package/file a claim on USPS ?
3) I don't want to raise an INR on the seller if the courier screws up the delivery - what other recourse would I have ?

Could use some advice please :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads