• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Laughs in Canadian*

kn5wxe0tamp41.jpg

You hosers can really hose down your money, eh?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago I made a 6 month plan to get setup to go full time as I hated my job. I guess my attitude at work must have been bad and work made the decision for me, so I'm full time now! Great timing, can't go thrifting, no one is buying much, oh well...living the dream!

theh00d

Reaction score
Haven't brought from the bay in a while, didn't know there's tax now : (

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Unbelievable. "I have no money, and the end is nigh; but please take my last $15 for that nifty shirt you have..."

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer want to know where and when I got the shoes I sold him. Also wants to know if I still have the receipt? I sold the shoes as new and with the box. I have sold many shoes on Ebay and no buyer ever requested this info? I gave him a price so good that I loss money. I think I have done enough?? Would you guys give him the requested information?

Thanks,

div25sec9

Reaction score
Buyer want to know where and when I got the shoes I sold him. Also wants to know if I still have the receipt? I sold the shoes as new and with the box. I have sold many shoes on Ebay and no buyer ever requested this info? I gave him a price so good that I loss money. I think I have done enough?? Would you guys give him the requested information?

Thanks,

I would not have supplied this, unless there was some question about authenticity. I'd be afraid he's just going to use to try to negotiate, or to pass himself off as the original buyer.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks,

Of course I would give it to him if he was asking prior to the sale. Just as a buyer, a question I often ask is, How did you determine this to be new without tag?

The answers can be pretty illuminating, in terms of the item or even the seller. Like, how many times has someone in the thrift thread touted a NWOT! item that lived in some dingy attic under a pile of rat dung and was *probably* new because look how not-that-creased-up it is!

Plus, buyers have different tolerances to used items. Even if their reasoning isn’t consistent, some are fine with a single item owner, but hate thrift stores because they fear the dust or whatever and want to avoid that.

I’ve never had any trouble just being transparent, whether it’s saying, recently, I got these shoes at Goodwill and think they’re NWOT because of the stickers and packaging still intact or, Yep, I don’t know how often this was laundered because I got it cheap on Poshmark to sell for filthy lucre.

In general, I don’t think that if you make a claim on eBay, it’s unreasonable for someone to ask about it. Only thing alarming is that in this case, they’re asking after the fact.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that there's not a way to punch someone through the internet. I replied and told him that he should save his $15 for essentials.
View attachment 1366372

Tell him to wait until he gets his $1200 check and buy then.

I had a prospective buyer message me with an offer today. "This is all the money I have, two kids in college, blah blah blah..." I don't put OBO on my listings but I sent him a counter and he said OK but didn't buy it.

He messages me later and says he just now realizes that it is a slim fit shirt so he can't use it. He wants me to sell him two shirts at a package deal price which totaled considerably more than the first 'this is all I have amount' and then repeats his list of reasons why he can't afford my price. I deleted the message.

Do people have no pride? You can afford what you can afford. It's that way for everyone. When negotiating tactics veer into your personal details I either don't believe you or don't give a ****. My pet peeve is people asking for a discount because they are 'in the military'. I am a veteran and I have never once in my life fished for a discount because of that. And for those of you who don't know, anyone on active duty in the US military is reasonably well paid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads