• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
One of the best reasons for non-payment that I've ever encountered:

It’s ok I’m paying tomorrow
Sorry for delay
Waiting to get laid

The logical person in me wants to think it's because the p & the v are so close to each other on the keyboard...but the human in me hopes they got laid.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Believe that is typically required to achieve aforementioned "laid" status

I'm so happy someone picked up on this even though I didn't. Well done lol

notdos

Reaction score
Or,,,Fred Garvin, Male Prostitue. :p

1A7DE522-781F-4EC4-9AA1-B866C569AB41.jpeg

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...when people send you a question about jeans you have listed, asking if they are authentic, because "I thought x-brand primarily made selvedge jeans, and these are not selvedge."

Umm...1st, you said primarily, not exclusively, so even you're not sure what you're asking/doubting, and #2 yes, they are authentic, and #3 a quick glance at x-brand jeans website, shows you thought wrong.

:rolleyes:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people would rather email than actually look something up themselves, the worst are the ones that not only don't look things up before asking, but email for info that's actually IN THE LISTING.
However, we know a whole lot freaking more than the average person about fashion brands and what they do. When I was searching for an old post on the thrift thread, I looked at some of my posts from 5-6 years ago. Cringe worthy stuff there.

div25sec9

Reaction score
...when people send you a question about jeans you have listed, asking if they are authentic, because "I thought x-brand primarily made selvedge jeans, and these are not selvedge."

Umm...1st, you said primarily, not exclusively, so even you're not sure what you're asking/doubting, and #2 yes, they are authentic, and #3 a quick glance at x-brand jeans website, shows you thought wrong.

:rolleyes:

Those questions are auto blocks for me; anyone who lays out that they're some sort of expert in authenticity is trouble for sure.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I haven't yet, but am thinking of it. It's for an auction. So who knows if he wins, but if he did, sounds like trouble.

I mean, if you think you know enough to question authenticity of an item, you should know the brand has selvedge and non-selvedge pants including right on their website. So obviously, not an expert. lol.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
Buyer is trying to return them claiming “doesn’t seem authentic”
But in message states the frames are authentic but the lenses are replacements. Originally he claimed that this model only had polarized ones and these were missing etching, etc. I’ve verified through Oakley resource websites that there were both polarized and non-polarized, and this model sku lines up without polarized and as my listing shows.

I have no returns. Should I take a return if they ship it to me on their dime? I don’t want to accept the return as it’s setup as in a normal situation I could call and show the CS rep that the buyer even stated the glasses are authentic and get it closed out in my favor. But with the no phone support I can’t trust the system.

I now see the value in stating the listing is for the frames only and the lenses are just included with the purpose of replacement needed (freebies).

bert9000

Reaction score
Won an auction a while back. Final bid was likely lower than what the seller was asking for. He messaged me saying he couldn’t ship to Canada (even though he had GSP) and wouldn’t answer when I asked him if I should ship to a US address instead. I went ahead and ordered with my Canadian address. A week later on the 24th he claims the item is missing and cancels the order so na I leave a negative feedback. However, it doesn’t show on his page. I’m wondering how he got it removed, since that would be a nifty trick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads