• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I won a bunch of ties (15) on Ebay, but the seller refused to send a total / ship them in one shipment, and instead wanted $10 in shipping for EACH tie - so I was stuck with $150 in shipping, for items worth around $20 in total (most of the ties I won with opening $0.99 bid)

I messaged the seller, and explained that I felt we should just cancel the auctions, as the $150 shipping was too high.

The seller then opened up unpaid item cases for each and every item. Today all cases were closed, and I now have 15 unpaid item cases on my record.

Is there anything I can do?

I think you're stuck. Although he's an ass for not combining shipping, he's technically within his right to do that. I would have paid, then suggested how unhappy you were with the shipping costs and let him realize that he had 15 negative feedbacks that could result.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I won a bunch of ties (15) on Ebay, but the seller refused to send a total / ship them in one shipment, and instead wanted $10 in shipping for EACH tie - so I was stuck with $150 in shipping, for items worth around $20 in total (most of the ties I won with opening $0.99 bid)

I messaged the seller, and explained that I felt we should just cancel the auctions, as the $150 shipping was too high.

The seller then opened up unpaid item cases for each and every item. Today all cases were closed, and I now have 15 unpaid item cases on my record.

That was a total dick move on the seller's part. Ties are cheap to ship. I dislike when a seller tries to profit off of shipping.
I would email eBay anyway.
15 negative feedbacks should fix him up nicely.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a total dick move on the seller's part. Ties are cheap to ship. I dislike when a seller tries to profit off of shipping.
I would email eBay anyway.
15 negative feedbacks should fix him up nicely.

If the cases were closed, feedback cannot be left.

mottykytu

Reaction score

what wrong with the seller? he try to gain very bad reputation

is is the same Listing or 15 different seperate listing?

if all 15 ties from the same listing the seller must ship by the shipping cost he write on the list?

goatamous II

Reaction score
New one for me
Sold something to a guy in the US from my listing on eBay.ca
He's saying that his PayPal won't let him pay in Canadian dollars and as a result he's going to cancel his order
Having bought items from the US many times, I know that PayPal will convert the amount for you at checkout, so I'm perplexed with how to answer

mottykytu

Reaction score
New one for me
He's saying that his PayPal won't let him pay in Canadian dollars and as a result he's going to cancel his order
Having bought items from the US many times, I know that PayPal will convert the amount for you at checkout, so I'm perplexed with how to answer
yes, it is ture that Paypal will convert the payment automatically !

Especially when US and CA are very close countries!

madeinbogota

Reaction score
New one for me

Yeah that shouldn't be an issue at all. If you're buying in the US, it'll automatically convert the CAD to USD & vice versa. Sounds fishy.

goatamous II

Reaction score
My goaty senses were tingling as well
i think he's using it as an excuse to cancel the sale instead of saying buyers remorse

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New one for me
That happened to me two weeks ago, i had To cancel the order, they actually were not able to pay. eBay was no help. I tried Modifying the listing several times with different shipping options and nothing worked

mottykytu

Reaction score
That happened to me two weeks ago, i had To cancel the order, they actually were not able to pay. eBay was no help. I tried Modifying the listing several times with different shipping options and nothing worked
What is your ebay store name? hope I can buy from you :) !

bert9000

Reaction score
New one for me
You can make a listing in USD on ebay.com. No guarantee that will convince him though haha

goatamous II

Reaction score
You can make a listing in USD on ebay.com. No guarantee that will convince him though haha
i typically do list on .com
there was the Seller's Weekend last weekend on .ca , so i took advantage of that
Was happy to have sales with no fees
Then he doesn't pay. Such is life

he basically hit me with a "hey bud it doesn't work, cancel the order for me"

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in New York City, and I think some people are now afraid to buy from me. Is anyone else getting these messages? This guy's still bidding, but I fear others are not.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.06.23 PM.png

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm in New York City, and I think some people are now afraid to buy from me. Is anyone else getting these messages? This guy's still bidding, but I fear others are not.

View attachment 1361966

Not NY related but sounds like a square deal. And with the immense amount of online traffic and every major retailer in the world shipping things right now, I think 99% of the population are fine with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads