• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sold a cheap t-shirt, got a message that just says, “have you shipped this?” after one day during a global pandemic. Band together, people!

Also, the selling portion of my app looks different (thicker fonts, slightly different colors) yet the App Store says I haven’t updated it. I hope all is well.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuckin scammers out full force right now knowing call centers are down. PayPal account got hit for $1400 then again for $700 before i had time to shut it off. $1400 got closed already now waiting for tomorrow to hopefully get ahold of someone before it’s completed. Must be from a data breech i don’t use my card number online and it was 2 debit card purchases form online computer stores

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Fuckin scammers out full force right now knowing call centers are down. PayPal account got hit for $1400 then again for $700 before i had time to shut it off. $1400 got closed already now waiting for tomorrow to hopefully get ahold of someone before it’s completed. Must be from a data breech i don’t use my card number online and it was 2 debit card purchases form online computer stores

That's brutal man. Really hope they can catch it before it goes through. Why are people the way that they are?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a cheap t-shirt, got a message that just says, “have you shipped this?” after one day during a global pandemic. Band together, people!

Also, the selling portion of my app looks different (thicker fonts, slightly different colors) yet the App Store says I haven’t updated it. I hope all is well.
Had a crazy older woman in Quebec comment three times pushing me to ship her Poshmark purchase asap. Guess what part of Canada now has the most active cases and the most dismissive attitude to social distancing?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s ******. Order a label maker!

I responded to the dude, and he was really nice about the delay. I think sometimes I just need to remember that digital natives communicate in ways that can seem rude to those who remember the old world of complete thoughts, full sentences.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I have an inkjet printer at home. (side-note: does anyone on here print US-bound Canada Post labels on a Dymo 4xl or know if it's even possible to do so?) I dropped a bunch of packages at the post office today on my way to stock up on some groceries.

I just thought it was sad that this lady was so desperate for me to ship immediately given everything that's going on around her. I responded to each of her comments politely and shipped when I said I would.

I passive-aggressively thanked her for her patience when I got home. That'll show her!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used, 100% cotton, and made in China? I seriously wouldn't do more than about $25, if that. Not a big Ralph customer though, so I may be off...
Same company... But, my RRL customers are totally different from my "Ralph" customers.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not here to argue but hand knit = probably at least 20-40 human hours involved in that sweater. $25 ok.

also harder to hand knit cotton than wool

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I won a bunch of ties (15) on Ebay, but the seller refused to send a total / ship them in one shipment, and instead wanted $10 in shipping for EACH tie - so I was stuck with $150 in shipping, for items worth around $20 in total (most of the ties I won with opening $0.99 bid)

I messaged the seller, and explained that I felt we should just cancel the auctions, as the $150 shipping was too high.

The seller then opened up unpaid item cases for each and every item. Today all cases were closed, and I now have 15 unpaid item cases on my record.

Is there anything I can do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads