• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an item not received case pop up at 10:45 this morning. I checked the tracking, uploaded it to the case, and then called eBay. Case closed at 10:55. Buyer was blocked while I was on hold for twenty seconds. Good times...

bensm1th

Reaction score
I am now sorely tempted to include a large warning on my OBO listings that messaging me any variation of:

"What's your best price?"
or
"Lowest you'll go?"

Will result in immediate, permanent blacklisting.

Seems like a good way to screen a sizeable portion of the paint-eating demographic which has so thoroughly spoiled eBay for me.

Don't read item descriptions? Bye!
Too good for the Best Offer function, and just want me to negotiate with myself? Next!

I *would* be worried about international customers shooting themselves in the foot due to a language barrier, but given that my international customers are an order of magnitude more respectful than my domestics in the first place, I think it's a fair risk. In six years of dealing with international customers, I've had one erroneous SNAD case and one abusive prospective buyer. I probably average two stupid SNADs and seven tire kickers a month with Americans

I have found that people who want the lowest price possible end up being hard to deal with after the sale. They might not even really want the item. They get buyers remorse, and then try to blame things on you. Etc., etc,. I've done much better through raising my prices than by lowering them.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Can someone here do me a favour? Usually I bite the bullet on the GSP and surrender myself for the beating eBay inflicts on you, but a few times a year I find that US sellers aren't willing to ship to Canada regardless of feedback, messages, etc.

Is there someone here who wouldn't mind working out a deal where they just forward me small parcels and charge some kind of fee so I don't feel like I'm imposing? It's not worth signing up for a service or driving to NY. I'm buying t-shirts and suits and that kind of thing.

CBP might be your best bet if either Mississauga or Markham are convenient

mux8

Reaction score
Has anyone here use myibidder ? Is it safe and does it actually perform its intended function?

jts287

Reaction score
Has anyone here use myibidder ? Is it safe and does it actually perform its intended function?
I've used the app for several years; works great. No ads, no emails. Just won a jacket from Ownly this past Sunday using it.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone listed items on Facebook Marketplace and had them automatically removed? I listed a bunch of shirts and have no idea why Facebook removed them.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone listed items on Facebook Marketplace and had them automatically removed? I listed a bunch of shirts and have no idea why Facebook removed them.

I had that happen once, then I stopped using FB marketplace. lol.

I have a feeling that some "tire kicker" guy asking questions, somehow flagged it/reported it. There is a "ask for it to be reviewed" option, but I never did get any response or reason from Facebook when I did that. I just sat there for a good couple of weeks, and then I just said "screw them".

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had that happen once, then I stopped using FB marketplace. lol.

I have a feeling that some "tire kicker" guy asking questions, somehow flagged it/reported it. There is a "ask for it to be reviewed" option, but I never did get any response or reason from Facebook when I did that. I just sat there for a good couple of weeks, and then I just said "screw them".
Mine were automatically flagged. Maybe it’s because of the brand names.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a verbatim question I received regarding a BINOBO item. This character kept sending me lowball offers through PMs instead of entering them on the auction site, where they would have been auto-rejected. He claimed that this is how all sales work on eBay. I politely declined to enter into extraneous bargaining with him, and he sent this.

I eat you something fast, you sell
because you need, and I don't think you are stupid, you are like any mortal who sells BECAUSE YOU NEED MONEY, AND I WAS YOUR POSSIBLE BUYER, SO I AM IMPORTED BY A CUCUMBER WHAT YOU THINK OF ME, I AM WHO YOU ARE YOU ARE A USED CLOTHES SELLER WHO NEEDS MY MONEY, I AM GIVING YOU A KISS
P.S. GOOD LUCK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads