• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. It’s been extremely beneficial for me. However I would suggest using it for a profitable endeavor, such as inventory purchasing, rather than for something like paying back taxes.
PM

chiggyv

Reaction score
Have a buyer attempting to complete payment and is getting an error saying I don't take eBay buyer credit. Told him to call eBay as I have never heard of this - is there anything I can enable or do to speed up the process?

(I'm selling from Canada to the US if it matters)

EDIT: Perhaps he means eBay bucks? I don't believe that's a thing on the .ca website so might explain the error.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to ship some binoculars to Puerto Rico. When I enter the weight and dimensions, I'm only being offered Medium Flat Rate or Padded Flat Rate Envelope. The binoculars can't fit into either of those packages. I've never had this happen before. I'm probably just going to bring them to the post office but wondering if anyone has dealt with this before.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 10.04.52 AM.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm trying to ship some binoculars to Puerto Rico. When I enter the weight and dimensions, I'm only being offered Medium Flat Rate or Padded Flat Rate Envelope. The binoculars can't fit into either of those packages. I've never had this happen before. I'm probably just going to bring them to the post office but wondering if anyone has dealt with this before.

View attachment 1345179
Try printing it through the bulk shipping option, top right of that window.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1345179
Or change the package size and see what you get. Sometimes I change some things, change them back, and I magically have different options. I think it’s like turning a device off and back on again.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score

View attachment 1345179
Click on "Carrier packages", and see what happens.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. It’s been extremely beneficial for me. However I would suggest using it for a profitable endeavor, such as inventory purchasing, rather than for something like paying back taxes.
Is it true that if you opt in for Ebay's managed payments, you are ineligible for Working Capital loans?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try printing it through the bulk shipping option, top right of that window.
Or change the package size and see what you get. Sometimes I change some things, change them back, and I magically have different options. I think it’s like turning a device off and back on again.
Click on "Carrier packages", and see what happens.

thanks for all the suggestions. nothing was working and then I noticed his zip code was listed like this: “XXXXX -XXXX”. I removed the space and everything went back to normal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions. nothing was working and then I noticed his zip code was listed like this: “XXXXX -XXXX”. I removed the space and everything went back to normal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It has always baffled me how eBay allows buyers to enter an address incorrectly, or with too many characters, making label printing impossible on the sellers end. And then, warning us that if we change the address we may lose our "protections".

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has always baffled me how eBay allows buyers to enter an address incorrectly, or with too many characters, making label printing impossible on the sellers end.

For real. And then hit you with the “editing this address may void seller protection” message.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
For real. And then hit you with the “editing this address may void seller protection” message.

AMEN! Always thought that was ridiculous.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's par for the course with ebay. I have been selling on ebay for 23 years and it has always been a poorly designed, cobbed-together mess. They have the worst web developers in the world. How many times have they dumped information (photos and descriptions) out of the system with their software 'improvements'?

One of the biggest irritations is that they don't bother to get input from anyone with any knowledge when they design their templates. Their category for casual shirts is "Casual Button-Down Shirts" when they almost certainly mean "Casual Button-Up Shirts". They don't know the difference. Another example in this area: In the men's casual shirt category under fabric type some of the options are: Velvet, Damask, Crochet, Chiffon... but of course Oxford Cloth is not an option.

Oxford is available not as a fabric but as a "Style" of shirt. How about a shirt made of oxford cloth and equipped with a cutaway collar? Is that an oxford style shirt?

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's par for the course with ebay. I have been selling on ebay for 23 years and it has always been a poorly designed, cobbed-together mess. They have the worst web developers in the world. How many times have they dumped information (photos and descriptions) out of the system with their software 'improvements'?

One of the biggest irritations is that they don't bother to get input from anyone with any knowledge when they design their templates. Their category for casual shirts is "Casual Button-Down Shirts" when they almost certainly mean "Casual Button-Up Shirts". They don't know the difference. Another example in this area: In the men's casual shirt category under fabric type some of the options are: Velvet, Damask, Crochet, Chiffon... but of course Oxford Cloth is not an option.
Have they gotten rid of the “maternity” option in the size type category for menswear yet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads