• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Genius! That's some "King Solomon's baby" wisdom right there.

My wisdom is widely known and much admired throughout the land.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and this is a big part of the problem on ebay now, people have learned all they have to do is make up some BS and request a partial refund and sellers give in because they're so scared of a negative feedback. I have a strict no partial refund policy and 9 times out of 10 I end up keeping the full price paid and get feedback removed if they leave it.
I should have clarified, I don't do partial refunds if they ask for one. But I have been known to offer a partial refund from time to time to make a sale stick on an item if I missed some damage.

bensm1th

Reaction score
customer is saying an item was stolen off the porch and wants a refund. Tracking shows it was delivered on Jan. 6th. I kind of want to say that it's not my problem. He sent me something that says "The buyer requested the item" and "the buyer is still waiting for the item to arrive." But, again, the tracking shows "delivered". What should I do?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
customer is saying an item was stolen off the porch and wants a refund. Tracking shows it was delivered on Jan. 6th. I kind of want to say that it's not my problem. He sent me something that says "The buyer requested the item" and "the buyer is still waiting for the item to arrive." But, again, the tracking shows "delivered". What should I do?

Call ebay and they will close it the request in your favor.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What can i do About this?
188DA018-022B-43AA-A150-0DF84C2A90F1.png

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You used to be able to call them. I've done that a few times but it's been a while. Seems like now you submit an online form and they'll get back to you.

1-800-275-8777

It's there, I just had to google it. That's the number I remember calling.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like @capnwes said, you are in the clear. You did your job. Once it says "delivered," it doesn't matter if it's delivered to the wrong address or stolen. All liability has been transferred to the recipient. That's an easy one for eBay.

bensm1th

Reaction score
Call ebay and they will close it the request in your favor.
Like @capnwes said, you are in the clear. You did your job. Once it says "delivered," it doesn't matter if it's delivered to the wrong address or stolen. All liability has been transferred to the recipient. That's an easy one for eBay.

thanks guys. I called and they closed it in my favor immediately

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Be polite to the buyer. Feel his pain. Because he is SOL.

bensm1th

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a neweer lighting kit? I take a lot of photos of suits, shoes, and clothes in general.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Not sure if there's anyone out there who's still as technology-crippled as I am when it comes to editing photos (for the past few years I've spent hundreds of hours using an app called MagicEraser to manually make each background white with my finger on my phone), but this website that I discovered a few days ago has changed my life. Just upload a photo from your computer and boom, the background is gone and you can make it anything you like (I stick with white). Seriously hard to believe how much time it's gonna save me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads