• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does he think you hamburgled his home and then put the stuff on Craigslist, or did you explain thrifting to him?

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I explained where I got it from
He scoffed and said "yeah, right, this stuff isn't available there"
He basically said that I was covering for the guy who did the B&E and I'm an accomplice yadda yadda

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to this. I've done numerous partial refunds over the years (both as a buyer and a seller), and they've always ended up with both parties being satisfied.

and this is a big part of the problem on ebay now, people have learned all they have to do is make up some BS and request a partial refund and sellers give in because they're so scared of a negative feedback. I have a strict no partial refund policy and 9 times out of 10 I end up keeping the full price paid and get feedback removed if they leave it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I explained where I got it from
He scoffed and said "yeah, right, this stuff isn't available there"
He basically said that I was covering for the guy who did the B&E and I'm an accomplice yadda yadda

Jesus. And it was just the shirt you had? How does he even know it was his? And what kind of robber would grab a Virgil Abloh Rugby...and then donate it? And so quickly?

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus. And it was just the shirt you had? How does he even know it was his? And what kind of robber would grab a Virgil Abloh Rugby...and then donate it? And so quickly?
I had a bunch of items that he was 'interested" in, which is why I still met up with him after selling the Pyrex
There was a minor flaw in the shirt, which is apparently how he knew it was his ("it had that tear there!")

Anyway, not thinking about it. Will see what happens in the coming days

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch of items that he was 'interested" in, which is why I still met up with him after selling the Pyrex
There was a minor flaw in the shirt, which is apparently how he knew it was his ("it had that tear there!")

Anyway, not thinking about it. Will see what happens in the coming days
Oh shut was it that Pyrex flannel from the thrift thread!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, The Moms landed in a similar situation a few years ago, after buying an expensive button lot from some old lady’s fed-up friend/caretaker/hairdresser, a man who absconded with her button collection to his native South America.

One night after preparing a nice plate of spaghetti, The Moms was contacted by a pair of swarthy detectives, who said the old lady of the manor sought to reclaim her buttons from various eBay buyers. However, it had also come out that the old crone had been reimbursed by her insurance company. The Moms was in a pickle. She wanted to return the buttons, but the old silverhair had been paid, and she did not want to be out $1,000. I advised her to respond to the gentlemen detectives with a friendly letter seeking advice — but one sent from an attorney’s letterhead.

eBay would not step in as they’d taken their cut. El peruquero was on the move. The Moms’ letter reached the gentlemen detectives, where it languished for a spell, and was then forgotten. The Moms has her button lot. The old lady of the manor is fat of wallet, but out some buttons, and down one South American hairdresser, last scene commandeering a skiff boat under an alias, chewing his cigar and navigating the rough waters of the human heart..

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one
In the slim chance that this dude is serious, I actually have proof that it was thrifted since the pictures I posted were from the store
Yea that’s what I was going to ask. That would be crazy if it really was his shirt

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a jacket on eBay, buyer messages me (very cordial) to say that there are some stains on the jacket. I apologize, acknowledge that I must have missed something, and tell him I can refund $10 to use for dry cleaning or that he can return it. He says he’ll return it, waits a week to open the return, then almost another week to ship it back. I received the jacket and it’s seriously stained. There’s no way these stains are mine; none of my clothes look like this and I wouldn’t have missed these. What recourse do I have? Will eBay help out? It’s clear that he wore it, but I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do or say in dealing with eBay on this.

Any thoughts on this, or am I just out of luck?

div25sec9

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this, or am I just out of luck?

You're out of luck. Ignoring the fact that nearly all returns are forced by ebay now, you have already "admitted" that you may have missed the stains.

I had items come back damaged and the rep said I'd just have to try and work it out with the customer...as if I'd be able to convince a ****** ebay user that they should send me a paypal transfer as compensation for their ****** behavior.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of tool has $150,000 in jewelry?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's one for your lists: vaikroko

European buyer ordered a Brooks Brothers Traditional Fit oxford cloth button down. Opens and 'not authentic' return and leaves negative feedback "FAKE".

Then converts his argument to 'the shirt is not the size as represented, because I have BB shirts in this size and they fit me." He provides some photos to demonstrate that this shirt is far larger than a BB 17-33, and includes a picture which clearly shows his 17-33 Milano neck label of his shirt that fits.

No ****. A 17-33 Traditional Fit BB OCBD is only about 9 inches bigger in the chest and much bigger in the arms compared to a 17-33 Milano. I talked to ebay customer service and she said that it was obvious that this problem was due to the buyer not knowing fits and making an incorrect assumption about fits. And my listing clearly states that I don't allow international returns. So the blame and expense should all fall on the buyer.

lol. Surely you know that is a joke. I am **** out of luck and I have to take the return. The return postage on the label which ebay will force me to provide costs me more than the price that I paid for the shirt. So I proposed to the buyer that if he sends me a photo which clearly shows that the collar and neck label have been cut completely through with a blade or scissors that I will refund in full. I don't want this asshole to have his money back and have a free shirt. And it is cheaper for me to have him destroy it than to have it sent back.

I would like to thank ebay for continuing to demonstrate that they value their Top Rated Sellers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads