• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This one was sold in ‘89 (package is celebrating the Walkman’s 10th anniversary) but the model should be from like ‘86, unless the model numbers don’t go in order.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a really hard one to fight and win, I would still try tho, i was Told the buyer had to prove they are fake. May have changed recently but it’s worth a shot
What was the item?
Pair of Gucci Horse-Bit loafers new w/o box. I got them from a Gucci outlet store.

Joefitz

Reaction score
What’s up with sellers selling non returnable suits without measurements? Some just give partial measurements.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s up with sellers selling non returnable suits without measurements? Some just give partial measurements.
Could be 3 reasons, or more.

1. Lazy Sellers

2. Many buyers don't read descriptions to see the measurements anyway. When it doesn't fit (because they gained 15 lbs) they either say "the measurements were wrong", "it must have been altered", or "it must be defective because I always wear this size"

3. This is also partly the fault of ebay hiding the descriptions on the mobile app, making a long detailed description almost pointless these days, since more than 65% of transactions are done on mobile now.

Last edited:

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One for the block list
Buyer ID:thestylish-man (607
feedback score: 607
)
100%

He made a SNAD return because he claims the SuSu jacket he purchased was a 40L and not a 40R as listed (donor cut the label out before donating so who knows?). He admitted that the measurements in the listing were correct, they just didn't match the other 40R SuSu jackets he already owns. I have language in my listings suggesting that the buyer compare the measurements to a similar garment in their wardrobe to ensure the best fit, which he clearly didn't do.

I went ahead, approved the return and issued the refund. Is there any point in calling ebay (for shipping compensation and/or removal of the mark on my account) or is this just the cost of doing business now?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could be 3 reasons, or more.

1. Lazy Sellers

2. Many buyers don't read descriptions to see the measurements anyway. When it doesn't fit (because they gained 15 lbs) they either say "the measurements were wrong", "it must have been altered", or "it must be defective because I always wear this size"

3. This is also partly the fault of ebay hiding the descriptions on the mobile app, making a long detailed description almost pointless these days, since more than 65% of transactions are done on mobile now.
One for the block list
Buyer ID:thestylish-man (607
feedback score: 607
)
100%

He made a SNAD return because he claims the SuSu jacket he purchased was a 40L and not a 40R as listed (donor cut the label out before donating so who knows?). He admitted that the measurements in the listing were correct, they just didn't match the other 40R SuSu jackets he already owns. I have language in my listings suggesting that the buyer compare the measurements to a similar garment in their wardrobe to ensure the best fit, which he clearly didn't do.

I went ahead, approved the return and issued the refund. Is there any point in calling ebay (for shipping compensation and/or removal of the mark on my account) or is this just the cost of doing business now?

Literally the next post validated point #2.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not ebay related
But reminder as to why I don't like local meet ups

Met up with a guy today to sell some stuff. He was interested in a variety of stuff, but specifically one shirt (Pyrex)
The one shirt he wanted sold online last night before our meet up

When he shows up he goes "let me tell you who I am" and proceeds to tell me how his house was broken into and how he had $150k of jewellery stolen plus some clothing. That shirt apparently was one of the pieces of clothing that was stolen and he knew for a fact that it was his. Proceeded to threaten me saying "I'm not a normal citizen and I've been arrested"
Thankfully didn't escalate past that (who knows what would have happened if I did have the shirt he wanted), but he's been texting me since making some threats and "giving me the opportunity to return his stolen stuff"

Just had to vent a bit.
Bleh.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not ebay related

Met up with a guy today to sell some stuff. He was interested in a variety of stuff, but specifically one shirt (Pyrex)

When he shows up he goes "let me tell you who I am" and proceeds to tell me how his house was broken into and how he had $150k of jewellery stolen plus some clothing. That shirt apparently was one of the pieces of clothing that was stolen and he knew for a fact that it was his. Proceeded to threaten me saying "I'm not a normal citizen and I've been arrested"
Thankfully didn't escalate past that (who knows what would have happened if I did have the shirt he wanted), but he's been texting me since making some threats and "giving me the opportunity to return his stolen stuff"

Just had to vent a bit.
Bleh.

Well....were you the burglar?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not ebay related

Just had to vent a bit.
Bleh.
Was it this guy?

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a jacket on eBay, buyer messages me (very cordial) to say that there are some stains on the jacket. I apologize, acknowledge that I must have missed something, and tell him I can refund $10 to use for dry cleaning or that he can return it. He says he’ll return it, waits a week to open the return, then almost another week to ship it back. I received the jacket and it’s seriously stained. There’s no way these stains are mine; none of my clothes look like this and I wouldn’t have missed these. What recourse do I have? Will eBay help out? It’s clear that he wore it, but I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do or say in dealing with eBay on this.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Not ebay related

Just had to vent a bit.
Bleh.

Not saying they would do much, but isn't that something where you could report it to the police? That's pretty ridiculous.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not saying they would do much, but isn't that something where you could report it to the police? That's pretty ridiculous.

i called the police and let them know
dude was telling me that he has an active investigation going on and "your lawyer will have to answer this in court if you don't give me my stuff back!"
sigh - Do i really want to deal with this stupidity?

Cops said just mind my Ps and Qs and that's it
he hasn't texted me since

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads