• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
She said it would take up to 24 hours to work its way through the system, was that blowing smoke? In any case, there's no sign of it anymore.

I think you should be good, I've had many cases where they've given me the same line and it was indeed gone within a day.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the reps standard is statement for feedback removal is 24 hours, though it's usually removed within about 10 minutes. For defect removal, such as cases closed without seller resolution, they say 48-72 hours, and that estimate is usually pretty accurate.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week an ebay buyer bought three NWOT BB Milano Fit OCBDs, 15-32, 15-33, and 15.5-32. I was semi-irritated that instead of using a tape measure this guy was trying them on and I was sure that two would be returned.

I was wrong. All three are being returned. "The 15 inch neck is too small and the 15 1/2 is too large." :brick:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week an ebay buyer bought three NWOT BB Milano Fit OCBDs, 15-32, 15-33, and 15.5-32. I was semi-irritated that instead of using a tape measure this guy was trying them on and I was sure that two would be returned.

I was wrong. All three are being returned. "The 15 inch neck is too small and the 15 1/2 is too large." :brick:
Apparently this guy is the physical standard for the inch!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a pair of new shoes. The buyer said the shoe were fake. Never explained why he thought they were fake? I don't think ebay read any of my comments? Ebay never told me why they thought the shoes were fake? Should I try to appeal?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a pair of new shoes. The buyer said the shoe were fake. Never explained why he thought they were fake? I don't think ebay read any of my comments? Ebay never told me why they thought the shoes were fake? Should I try to appeal?
That’s a really hard one to fight and win, I would still try tho, i was Told the buyer had to prove they are fake. May have changed recently but it’s worth a shot
What was the item?

madeinbogota

Reaction score
That’s a really hard one to fight and win, I would still try tho, i was Told the buyer had to prove they are fake. May have changed recently but it’s worth a shot
What was the item?

Same, I remember being told the buyer has to have legitimate proof that the item isn't authentic.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling this Supreme hoodie has brought out the worst users on eBay and has been a pleasant reminder to check feedback left for others. Got a generous offer from this guy. A little too sketchy for me. I’ve added him to my block list - you folks can decide if you want to as well.
ECA1AE44-D58C-418A-BD54-45F337432E5C.jpeg CDBF312F-D4C4-4B0F-90A3-86757F3597A4.jpeg

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling this Supreme hoodie has brought out the worst users on eBay and has been a pleasant reminder to check feedback left for others. Got a generous offer from this guy. A little too sketchy for me. I’ve added him to my block list - you folks can decide if you want to as well.
View attachment 1322085 View attachment 1322086

I would avoid him like the plague. Fortunately, I don't ship internationally.
Besides, there are enough douchebag buyers in the US to keep my block list busy.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
C35AF378-8A0C-4D2A-83DA-B4D740036A40.jpeg

Yo, this is a safety question. Check out this sweet Walkman. I’ve been needing some new headphones and figured this would be the safest bet, but lo: bacteria are pretty tiny. Surely they can even penetrate the tightest of thirty year-old plastic? Are these safe? They go in your head! How do you clean them?

I’m thinking a Verilux laser wand, but I’m out one at the moment.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1322114

Yo, this is a safety question. Check out this sweet Walkman. I’ve been needing some new headphones and figured this would be the safest bet, but lo: bacteria are pretty tiny. Surely they can even penetrate the tightest of thirty year-old plastic? Are these safe? They go in your head! How do you clean them?

I’m thinking a Verilux laser wand, but I’m out one at the moment.
Nice! What is that, 1988 or 1989?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads