• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the impossible unlikely. Reasoned with someone who thought the Hermes scarf I sold them was fake and wanted to return it. They said it didn't say Hermes on it anywhere, and included pics of the scarf in their message, one of which did, in fact, have the Hermes logo on it. So I pointed that out, and they changed their mind and apologized.

On the same day, I had someone say that a down jacket I sold them smelled like Goodwill (not out of the realm of possibility) then went on to tell me they washed it twice and it still smelled. So I called ebay about declining the return because they washed it. I was told I have to accept the return, but then when I got it back, call ebay to overturn the return because it's not in the same condition as when I sold it, and they will close the return without a refund to the buyer? Sounds wrong, right?
If I ignored the return request, the return would have been forced, and I would have gotten a ding on my account, and the same thing would have happened.
Declining a return is no longer an option for NAD.
Is there a better way to go about this?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a new quarter. Don't forget to use your $25 coupon for shipping supplies if you have a store. I have to use it as soon as I think about or else I'll completely forget.

ThAnks for the reminder.

On a tangential note, does anyone need EBay packing tape? I’m pondering selling some of the rolls I have...

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ThAnks for the reminder.

On a tangential note, does anyone need EBay packing tape? I’m pondering selling some of the rolls I have...
That is what I always do with it. However, others have figured it out and driven down the price on eBay. So, I sell it locally on Facebook Marketplace.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the same day, I had someone say that a down jacket I sold them smelled like Goodwill (not out of the realm of possibility) then went on to tell me they washed it twice and it still smelled. So I called ebay about declining the return because they washed it. I was told I have to accept the return, but then when I got it back, call ebay to overturn the return because it's not in the same condition as when I sold it, and they will close the return without a refund to the buyer? Sounds wrong, right?
If I ignored the return request, the return would have been forced, and I would have gotten a ding on my account, and the same thing would have happened.
Declining a return is no longer an option for NAD.
Is there a better way to go about this?

I'm definitely not the expert in this - just wanted to add one piece that the process described is filing an appeal to have ebay overturn the NAD decision
Last time I was instructed to do that, when i went to file the appeal I was informed that "oh, you can't appeal that decision" (it was for measurements)

Perhaps call and ask to speak to the appeals dept and see if it's even something that can be overturned?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea they lied to you.!same thing happened to me. Told me the same bogus **** Then when I got it and called back they tried to make me feel like a ************* saying oh you got the item back and you want to keep the money no blah blah and then all i got was return shipping refunded

eddiegreen

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this but eBay just added OBO to a few of my BIN items (with ignore offers set to half the asking price.)
I didn’t ask for this, they just sent an email telling me ‘your listings can now accept offers to attract more buyers’ wtf?

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this but eBay just added OBO to a few of my BIN items (with ignore offers set to half the asking price.)
I didn’t ask for this, they just sent an email telling me ‘your listings can now accept offers to attract more buyers’ wtf?

Booooooo not a fan of that at all. It's like they're trying to drive away sellers from their platform by automatically onboarding features like that without someone electing it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's one to keep an eye out for;
He was a customer on grailed, who just did a paypal reversal after receiving the item. As much as we complain about ebay, grailed has by far the highest scam rate of the sites I deal with.

Did he at least mail the item back, or just flat out steal it?

div25sec9

Reaction score
Did he at least mail the item back, or just flat out steal it?

It turns out it's the banking system causing the issues here; he emailed me to say that there was some sort of fraud alert on his account and the bank did the reversal. He has offered to repay for the item once the dust settles.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Freaking Canucks

joking aside, the reason you get most requests from your neighbours up North is because of the ridiculously low import allowances
We're (on paper) allowed only $15 USD imported. If it's a gift it's $45 USD

That being said, most USPS shipments come through w/o any charges. People are just paranoid.

As a Canadian buyer, as long as you're using USPS and not, say, Global Shipping, I'm happy. Assuming you're not, as with a recent case, actually overvaluing the item you sent me :fu:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Cufflink guys, you were so helpful last time, lets see if you can do wonders with this one?

View attachment 1313040
I wonder if this is a possibility:

"The GTR could stand for J.M. Fox, Inc. of Long Island City, NY. Sometimes the maker''s marks do not reflect the manufacturers company name".

Flashbang

Reaction score
Alright, I need some advice:

I didn’t write that it was “Slim Fit” in the text description but didn’t say it wasn’t, either. I did mark it as “slim fit” in the item details, and the “slim fit” label, while not photographed on its own, is visible in the photos. I realize I could write it out in the description too, and I could photograph the “Slim Fit” label on its own, but seriously?

Should I ask the buyer to amend? Go to eBay directly? Ignore it? I don’t intend to take a return because, frankly, I’m moving overseas in a few weeks and probably won’t be doing much eBaying from China.

But 2 negative feedbacks in a couple days after nothing but positive is a bit maddening.

On that note: Second issue I need advice on

I sold these jeans back on November 14th, marked delivered No ember 18th, and then a couple days ago I get this feedback. So I message to get some more info:

And in response:

So:
1. Looking at the address I shipped to, it looks like a forwarding company. I bought the jeans from a reputable second-hand seller which authenticates name brand items, so I’m inclined to believe that it’s possible the forwarding company the buyer used switched out the jeans, but:
2. The photos provided are very grainy and don’t include any of the numbers/letters photographed for the original listing, and I don’t have photos of these areas.
3. He threw them away, so there’s no way to investigate further or take a return.

I don’t want to deal with this buyer anymore considering his attitude/insults. Maybe the jeans were fake and I didn’t know - I didn’t personally authenticate them, after all.

So what would you do here? Go to eBay? Take it and move on?

Really miffed about these. :(

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have a chance with the slim fit one but the SLP is going to be tough is not impossible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads