Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Any GarageSale users finding your shipping pricing randomly changing? Just last week I reset all my shipping pricing on my templates. Come to find out today, they are all changed, literally not even close to what they were changed to! I know this because I wrote them down for reference as well...So frustrating to find out AFTER you have listed a shirt, that there is a 10.75$ domestic shipping charge...dafuk?

Does this have anything to do with downloading new data when opening? I swear this has happened to me numerous times now.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

2. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

sold a NWT christian audiger tee, had a username like 1stunnazjr, left a retarded note like MAKE SURE YOU SHIP ASAP AND PROVIDE TRACKING, which, of course, I read in my head like:
    [​IMG]

3. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Man I'm so looking forward to selling the Ed Hardy tie I found :X

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I leave all Ed Hardy, Audiger etc stuff...I guess some of it still sells OK but I'm not gonna watch episodes of Jersey Shore to get a dbag education. Ain't nobody got time for thet.

5. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I've been clicking on the same things for 10 minutes now, without finding it. How do I run a report of my feedback to see which were left with less than 3 stars of item as described? Thanks!

6. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Man, get home to an item as not described case. Guy says the tie has a big gash in it about 2.5 inches from the tip, I ask him to provide a photo...

My photo from the auction:
    [​IMG]

His photo of the slit.
    [​IMG]

Do you think he used scissors when he opened the poly bag....refund issued...[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

7. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

wtf? Why would you do that? It's clearly a problem on its end...

8. TheNeedMachine

Yes, I do think he cut it when opening. Looks like a nice new clean cut to me - no fraying at the edges yet...and obviously was not in your original photo.

9. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Two fold:
    1.) Tie was described without a slice, he provides evidence it was received with a slice. Not sure what defense I have other than, "Nope, was your fault."
    2.) He actually bought 9 individual ties at once, and I combine shipping on all of them. The refund on that one tie was $10. $10 isn't worth 9 potential negative feedbacks (or even 1 negative feedback). His response to my last message/refund was "Thank you so much for offering a refund. As always, you were exceptionally kind and generous. I will keep an eye on your store for more ties ;)" Guess I'll look at it as a $10 advertisement for high quality customer service...

10. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Oh well that changes everything (8 other ties and this one being only 10$)!! I would have done the same thing :eek:

I thought that it was only one tie and an expensive one (this one is very nice btw). In this case, as nobody can prove it's his fault (it could be USPS, the mailman, etc. etc.) doesn't eBay refund the guy without question? That's why they keep 10% of our money you know...

11. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

That is a nice tie. What kind was it?

12. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

Either should be fine but do not mix different light temperatures/types--it's nearly impossible to fix in post-processing.

13. TheNeedMachine

From a sale today - PayPal said:

Buyer: Marc Jacobs

Hmmm.....

14. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Just your middle of the road Brooks Brother Makers 3.5"x58 Silk Tie. The customer had a thing for paisley, the ties ranged from super small paisleys to gigantic mofos that I'd be scared to wear. I actually had titled this one BIG POPPA PAISLEY (reminded me of big poppa pump the WWF Wrestler lol):
    [​IMG]

15. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

Do people have legal or ethical concerns with posting lookbook photos with items? I assume that viewers will know they're lookbook photos, but if I do it, should I make it clear in the text?