Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Have you considered that it may not be Brooks Brothers?

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Of course, that is why I am asking the experts figuring one of you guys knew.

3. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

I'm not an expert, but I would go out on a limb and say it probably isn't Brooks Brothers. That said, I still think it's a nice golf polo. I can't zoom in to see it clear enough, but is it definitely a G and not a 6?

4. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I purchased a shipping label for $2.09, while it was being created, ebay errored and said it could not be created. I went to my Sold Page and there was no label to re-print, rather it had me purchase a label as if no transaction had occured. I re-purchased the label, this time it created just fine, I printed it out, attached it to the box. When checking my e-mail, I was billed for two labels, however, only one was ever created in ebay. I tried to go into paypal and dispute the first transaction to ebay, but the website notified me that I cannot dispute this transaction. I can't void the first label because it was never created within the ebay Shipping Label system, although I was charged for it.

Any way to deal with this without calling ebay?

Thanks!

edit: after 29 minutes: First the ebay rep told me I did not purchase 2, followed by him telling me I was already refunded, he finally said I'd be refunded in my ebay invoice within 24 hours. We'll see.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Doesn't look like Brooks Brothers, and the G might stand for 'Grande', French/Starbucks-ese for Large.

6. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Not BB - there is a company called Brooks that makes clothing (not to be confused with Brooks shoes / athletic wear either). G is Large.

8. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Certainly not BB, 99% sure that G is a Large. That listing is a crock for sure. Odd that you're on a polo kick, I usually pass the knitwear section, but lately I've been hitting it with some success. Just found 2x BB fleece logo polos today, black in M and blue in L if you are looking for BB polos.

Have you found a RN#?
    https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$.startup

9. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

No RN I didn't buy it just got interested from title.

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

So I sold an electronic serial display. I specified no returns and the guy has written me a stupid amount of emails. Asked for drivers, using Google took less than a minute to find on Epson site. Then wants me to help debug it. I tell him there is a manual on the site and I don't know anything about it as I said in the listing. I stated that it was untested because I don't have a serial port. He sends me a picture with garbage displayed and I instantly think mismatch in baud rate but again tell him to refer to the manual or Epson forums. Am I gonna be hosed here? He just asked to return the item.

11. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Definitely don't need anymore polos, I realized I am something of a hoarder. I am cleaning my closet out cause we are getting it done by a professional. I found 5 NWT pants about $600 worth sitting in a pile under my winter coats waiting to go to the tailors. I always go a little overboard. Just took stock and have 5 BB, 1 BBGF, 1 Paul Stuart, 1 RLPL, 3 VV and 1 Lacoste. I may need an intervention.

Edit: and 1 Peter Millar I don't like cause it attracts fuzz so will be listing that

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Today has been my most insane sales day ever.... Yeah, I sold one of the big lenses.

$5000+ in sales since noon. [​IMG]

13. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Well, that's reassuring... I though it got to me but it looks like it's common [​IMG]
    And I used to be a bitch about girls who had 51654564 pairs of shoes and 6874867687 tops :x

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

If the tie were a desirable one and the flaws not visible when worn, I might sell it but usually steer clear of listing damaged ties. I'd describe it as pre-owned, with a snag and a thread pull and say where they are - photograph with a coin to show extent, and say it needs a pressing. But unless it's a recent Ferragamo, Hermès, Brioni etc I wouldn't sell it at all, personally.

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

Bah, so I had two nearly identical items, just different sizes. One sold. I shipped it ASAP. Turns out I sent the wrong one. Buyer sends message on receipt flipping out, acts like I was trying to rip him off. Immediately explained mistake, gave him my cell number. We talked a bit, ended up deciding on me giving him a full refund, and he could keep wrong product. I initiate refund, and cancel. He eventually accepts cancel, but then leaves a neutral feedback. Can feedback be removed on the grounds that we canceled the transaction using "buyer returns product for refund" category? How badly do neutrals affect feedback score? Worth wasting 10-20 minutes on phone with eBay support?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014