Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Ah, then I have no other suggestion. They've helped me a lot and I like to recommend them where I can.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

How NOT to do thank you cards... I got this in the mail today, but got the item in question last week.

[​IMG]

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Anyone know what if this is Brooks Brothers? I don't recognize the goose logo . I am on a spree of buying polo shirts to find the perfect one. I have bought a BB, BBGF, Paul Stuart, Vineyard Vines, RLPL, and a Peter Millar. This is listed as a mens large but I am not sure what a G stands for... This particular model is not something I would buy but I saw "Brooks Brothers Special Selection" in the listing title and got interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Have you considered that it may not be Brooks Brothers?

6. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Of course, that is why I am asking the experts figuring one of you guys knew.

7. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

I'm not an expert, but I would go out on a limb and say it probably isn't Brooks Brothers. That said, I still think it's a nice golf polo. I can't zoom in to see it clear enough, but is it definitely a G and not a 6?

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I purchased a shipping label for $2.09, while it was being created, ebay errored and said it could not be created. I went to my Sold Page and there was no label to re-print, rather it had me purchase a label as if no transaction had occured. I re-purchased the label, this time it created just fine, I printed it out, attached it to the box. When checking my e-mail, I was billed for two labels, however, only one was ever created in ebay. I tried to go into paypal and dispute the first transaction to ebay, but the website notified me that I cannot dispute this transaction. I can't void the first label because it was never created within the ebay Shipping Label system, although I was charged for it.

Any way to deal with this without calling ebay?

Thanks!

edit: after 29 minutes: First the ebay rep told me I did not purchase 2, followed by him telling me I was already refunded, he finally said I'd be refunded in my ebay invoice within 24 hours. We'll see.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Doesn't look like Brooks Brothers, and the G might stand for 'Grande', French/Starbucks-ese for Large.

10. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Not BB - there is a company called Brooks that makes clothing (not to be confused with Brooks shoes / athletic wear either). G is Large.

12. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Certainly not BB, 99% sure that G is a Large. That listing is a crock for sure. Odd that you're on a polo kick, I usually pass the knitwear section, but lately I've been hitting it with some success. Just found 2x BB fleece logo polos today, black in M and blue in L if you are looking for BB polos.

Have you found a RN#?
    https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$.startup

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

No RN I didn't buy it just got interested from title.

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

So I sold an electronic serial display. I specified no returns and the guy has written me a stupid amount of emails. Asked for drivers, using Google took less than a minute to find on Epson site. Then wants me to help debug it. I tell him there is a manual on the site and I don't know anything about it as I said in the listing. I stated that it was untested because I don't have a serial port. He sends me a picture with garbage displayed and I instantly think mismatch in baud rate but again tell him to refer to the manual or Epson forums. Am I gonna be hosed here? He just asked to return the item.

15. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Definitely don't need anymore polos, I realized I am something of a hoarder. I am cleaning my closet out cause we are getting it done by a professional. I found 5 NWT pants about $600 worth sitting in a pile under my winter coats waiting to go to the tailors. I always go a little overboard. Just took stock and have 5 BB, 1 BBGF, 1 Paul Stuart, 1 RLPL, 3 VV and 1 Lacoste. I may need an intervention.

Edit: and 1 Peter Millar I don't like cause it attracts fuzz so will be listing that