Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Distinguished Member

Is anyone else having problems with the NEW! Ebay Bulk Printing? I have not yet gotten it to print more than half of my labels. Six to print today. Two actually printed. I get this message with no explanation: 4 of your shipping labels could not be created

Everything seemed to be OK before I printed.

2. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior Member

I wouldn't mind being added to the list. My store URL is www.handpickedthreads.com

3. Yorker

Yorker Senior Member

hey does anyone know this buyer zappeastusa4 ? he just bought something from me and has 149K feedbacks. That's like buying full time all day every day... no feedback as seller that I can find. sketch?

http://www.ebay.com/usr/zappeastusa4

4. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

Could be an international buying service. Did they leave you with any instructions on putting the item number on the package or anything like that?

5. Yorker

Yorker Senior Member

Yes:

"Hi! For quick identification of your item and leaving you a feedback please write eBay item number on your packaging. I would really appreciate if you sent the tracking number after shipping the item."

Is this legit or should I cancel the transaction? I had worldwide shipping everywhere..

6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

I haven't done business with that particular seller, but I've sold multiple times to similar outfits without an issue.

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

Services like that are legit. I wouldn't worry about it. Usually the shipping services are even more diligent about leaving feedback, and your responsibility ends with safe delivery of the item in the US. Whatever happens after that is not your problem.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

Negative, Neutral, or Positive with 0 stars?

I purchased a lot of ties on July 17.
    Received message on July 25th saying he just returned from being on business, will ship in 24 hours (I said np, thanks for contacting me)
    July 31st I message him asking if the ties have shipped
    Ties ship that day after my message
    Ties arrive today, August 4th in a yellow file envelope (not the padded kind) soaked through from the rain.

edit: looked closely and the ink on the top of the envelope bled through onto the top tie. Additionally, the auction stated $6.99 priority mail, and the label is for $4.63 with no mention of priority. Poor all around. I politely messaged him with photos of the bled envelope, damaged top tie, and asking if it was shipped priority as stated....we'll see...

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

This is what I would do.

If any tie was damaged, contact him->negative feedback if he doesn't make it right.
    If no tie was damaged, contact him about the inexcusable tardiness and packaging-> feedback depending on what he says and does.

10. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

I'd one star on shipping time. That's BS - 2 weeks to ship.

11. DanM

DanM Distinguished Member

Trying to up my photography game. Purchased a Canon Rebel T3, after messing with it for a couple of weeks, how am I doing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Hey guys, quick question. I accidentally printed out a label but I used the measurements of another package by mistake. If I void the label, can I instantly reprint a new one? Thanks

13. TheNeedMachine

Looks good on both light- and dark-colored items, which is where I get fouled up - you're hired! [​IMG]

14. TheNeedMachine

Yes, I've done it (intended to ship in a RRA box and ended up using medium flat-rate). eBay shipping is not the most intuitive thing when doing that - voiding one and buying & printing a new label for the same package - but I know it can be done...tho I remember it taking me several clicks to figure out how/where. The listing itself had two tracking #'s after that, so I messaged the buyer letting them know which one was the real one.

15. SpecialK2k12

SpecialK2k12 Senior Member

My eBay -> shipping labels -> find the one you want and void it. It takes a billion years to get refunded the money though.