1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Best way to handle a return without having the seller screwed over by eBay? It's for an issue with the item they missed, the blake stitching coming undone towards the center of a pair of blake/rapid handsewn oxfords, and they agreed to a a refund in full plus the cost of shipping it back to them. They've provided their return address but when I asked if I should just send it directly or process the return through eBay first they told me I could go ahead and send it through eBay. Advice? I know it's easy for a buyer to screw the seller over in a situation like this without realizing it and I'd prefer to avoid that.

2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Now that's a move I'd never do and why watchers think it is a perfectly viable option blows my mind. You didn't bid, or you didn't bid enough, you didn't win, why the fuck am I gonna put my ass on the line because you were being cheap, didn't win the item, but now seeing what it sold for, are willing to pay that price, or my favorite, offer you a little extra. Fuck you and fuck off.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Make the reason for return being that it doesn't fit properly and they are not penalized.

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

1 person likes this.
  5. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

See I'd accept these offers but this shit just makes me say "Fuck off"

Quote:

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haha, what are you going to do? Pay for them to ship it back or what?

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I can't seem to see any other colors besides black & blue. I see no gold

2 people like this.
  9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

This is so awesome. I looked at it the other day...blue and black... just looked again this morning white and gold BUT then as I looked at it longer it started to change colors and become black and blue again.

10. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Holy Heck! @Jompso gave me a pep talk and I finally signed up for GoDaddy Bookkeeping. What a fine product at first look. I have no idea why I dragged my feet on this one. It imported everything from PayPal and eBay within like 15 minutes and now the numbers look super clear. My COGs are all over the place but at least that is the only piece left to figure out and get entered in correctly (and fix that part for this year). QuickBooks made my mind melt, but this software is super simple and intuitive. It does the schedule C and also estimates the quarterly payments to make.

If anyone is interested it looks like they probably always have some deal going on. I think right now it is 35% off. I'm spending about $5.45 a month for the full service. Entirely worth it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Been had that outright! Totally worth it.

12. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Eeeeeh actually the first buyer who thought there was a problem is fucking weird (ebay noob). He actually got the good jacket but thought it wasnt (WTF?!). I jumped to conclusions since he took à photo and it Looked like the only jacket i sent that day lol -_-

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

It depends on where on the image you focus. Try it again. Focus on darker or lighter spots and it 'changes'.

14. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

I've looked at that thing six ways from Sunday and I can't see anything but blue. Some goldish/bronze hues in the black, yes, but never any white.

1 person likes this.
  15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Same here.

I understand quite a bit about how our eyes perceive color, thanks to several biology and color photography classes. I'm very much used to looking at pictures and being able to see the 'white balance shift'. This image is particularly easy because of the really overexposed and yellowish background. Clearly it was shot under fluorescent lighting.

I used to work with a guy who could see 1 CC shifts in color, and was absolutely amazing at printing from color negatives. I was good enough for 99% of our clients, but if a perfectionist was needed, he got the task.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  17. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Awesome, Fueco! I will be there soon. It humbles me to know that Sir Spoo has over twice as many followers as I have feedbacks. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

^^^Absolutely! No white or gold on my monitor.

19. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Quick question on priority mail insurance claims. Has anyone ever had a claim paid where item shows delivered. I know it is pretty much a slam dunk case for me if the buyer escalates, but is there anything I can do to get the buyer his money back? Thanks.

20. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member