Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Can you print these on a business card? Or is that what you already did [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Can be printed on anything - I know Wes' cards have a QR code on them. I did similar but different.
    Mine arrived today - would have included one in your package but it shipped today...

3. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Nice, I just edited all my listings to accept returns in an attempt to avoid the rare item as not described case. I'm thinking a little business card with a thank you, if you have any questions or concerns please contact me before leaving feedback, positive feedback is greatly appreciated, etc. That neat scan could go on the back saying something like please check out my other items for sale!

4. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Back to the website (to go long with ebay). Almost there.... Thoughts on a picture to compliment this one.. about 10 pictures in the spoiler

[​IMG]
    Main difference with the first 1-7 photos is the amount it get blurry towards to the back.

A) [​IMG]

B) [​IMG]

1) [​IMG]

2) [​IMG]

3) [​IMG]

4) [​IMG]

5) [​IMG]

6) [​IMG]

7) [​IMG]

6. TheNeedMachine

I like 2 thru 6 - not sure what the difference is (I'm a bit daft that way - could never do the "spot the difference" puzzles).

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

I can't understand how ebay's automated systems can be so off. Most of the time I ship the same day (even on Saturdays if I don't have any plans). Due to OCD and the fact that I sell so few items, I actually click on the tracking number of every package myself to see if everything's OK, and by 9pm-ish, all items are at least at the 'Arrived at USPS Origin Sort Facility' stage, if not further.

And now this:

[​IMG]

What the fuck is going on? This has to be an error. Anyone else's dashboard showing garbage numbers too?

8. DanM

DanM Senior member

That makes my numbers look good. :( Don't know why ebay/USPS are beating the heck out of me this month.

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Don't like A, B for sure. I actually prefer every shoe to be visible clearly. It's not artistic, I know. So, 2 or 7.

10. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

It doesn't make any sense. It's not like I'm tracking packages from USPS's site. It's within ebay itself. So ebay tells me that every package I've dropped in the morning has been validated by USPS by evening time. This has happened for every single item I've ever sold. But somehow when it comes to calculating percentages, it's only 88%.

11. TheNeedMachine

Do you buy and print postage direct thru ebay? Or at the USPS and enter the tracking later? I dunno - I go thru ebay and am at 100% - can't think of any other reason you'd be at 88%.

12. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

13. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Ebay. Always. It's been 100% through May, then 90 something in June. And 75% in July, which has brought about the two month average to 88%. I just checked the seller dashboard randomly and came across this info. I'm a super low volume seller who doesn't take returns so I know I never have a shot at any discounts, which is why I never check my dashboard. So this came as quite a shock.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, the numbers are crap. Mine are always wrong and the total percentage does not add up from the separate parts. Still bugs.

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I go through Ebay as well, and always ship within one business day (my store settings are set such that anything sold after 8:00 AM isn't technically supposed to be shipped until the following business day), yet I still hover in the 89-90% range. It's truly mind-boggling.