Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Hey guys!

So I found this extremely badass Burberry(s') trench. Old label but it's in mint condition - that's very surprising.

So I didn't notice it in the store but there is a zipper all around the interior and I guess there's a separate lining that should go with it. I'll still try to find it in the store but I guess it was donated without it (personnally I always take them off otherwise I'm too hot inside those things).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I will point that out in my listing but I wanted to know what is the name of this thingy that is missing? I still lack vocabulary for precise english names ^^

Thanks y'all! Next question for my Florsheim Imperial :D :D

2. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Removable Inner Lining?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  3. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

So I found those Florsheim Imperial, virtually NWOB. I don't think they were ever worn outside, this seems to be store damage/manipulation. I NEVER saw anything like it. They weigh like 14 pounds (each) and the soles are extra thick 1 inch leather (that's just plain crazy). Heartbreaking thing is that they fit me almost perfectly but I need the money right now.

Is that the good stuff or average Florsheim?! The leather looks like grain or whatever? I have no knowledge of shoes, especially in english vocabulary :s

I would love to have your opinion on those! Unfortunately prices are all over the range from 40 to 200 for similar stuff on eBay so I have no idea what those are! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Hmm I think I'll use this yep! Thanks

5. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

6. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Yes that's the exact same pair I based my 200$ estimation on. But I really don't know what the Vcleat and 5nail are worth. I guess it's higher end obviously! Any aficionado?

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Don't know about the 5-nail, but the v-cleat was designed to prolong the life of the heel - it's positioned at the highest wear point for a person with an average stride. The downside is they're called 'suicide heels' for a reason. If you're walking briskly (forget about running) on a smooth concrete surface, you have a great chance of slipping and breaking your ass/elbow/knee. So, your shoes might be better even. The cool look of florsheim gunboats without the ass-breakage! Win Win!

8. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

i understand the reasoning here, but I'm going to good naturedly disagree. I think part of the selling point for those you linked are the fact that they are true vintage, made with techniques that no American shoemaker uses anymore. They are not only awesome shoes, but they are true American vintage craftsmanship, from back when we used to give a shit.

Florian, thats a great pair of shoes, but I don't personally think you're likely to get more than $100, which is still pretty great, maybe more if they're tiny and you get a Japanese buyer on the hook. Florsheim Imperial is the top level they make now, but they used to make a Royal Imperial and those are the ones that typically have the 5nail and v-cleat.

9. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Great point and I completely agree with you. I made a mistake in thinking that these shoes were NOS that, for some reason, didn't have the 5-nail and v-cleat.

If they're are current models and not true vintage, then, sorry Florian, disregard my pricing advice.

10. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Tiny you say?!? Japanese buyer you say!?

What do you think these will go for haha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Jeez I would love to find a VCLEAT and list it as "suicide heel" AHAHAH

12. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Thanks for the explanation. That's exactly the kind of understanding I wanted to have for those shoes.

Those are 12D so no way I'll hook a japanese doode. Except a sumotori maybe :)

13. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

I don't think you mentioned Florian, but where were they made?

14. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I guess the link to the bulk shipping tool I posted was user specific, search around for the bulk shipping tool, or just wait until you have more than one item to ship, select them both and select ship, it should come up on its own. You can also see if it's buried in the site preferences section.

15. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Feedback cards seem to have raised my feedback received percentage from 30% to 50-60%. Glad I got them. Positive feedback rolls in quite often nowadays.