• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a load of horseshit.

rhz5001

Reaction score
I need some advice on a logo. Would a mannequin or suited silhouette look good instead of the H on the first one? Would the first one be best without the H or any extras? Would the red logo look better if it were the same style with needle and thread underlining the picked? Help!! Idea overload!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some advice on a logo. Would a mannequin or suited silhouette look good instead of the H on the first one? Would the first one be best without the H or any extras? Would the red logo look better if it were the same style with needle and thread underlining the picked? Help!! Idea overload!

I like the first one with no H.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought that was Howie Mandel.

The defect rate is for you, not us. It is only because we care about you and want you to be a great seller. Now STFU and make me a sandwich

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for people who've been having trouble with printing Regional Rate boxes from USPS's site.

From GMMCcl (after I PMed him to let him know I was going to use a previous ebay transaction from him to print a new label for a trade with an SF member).

Just tried it and it works.
If you tried it and it works, that is because USPS is up and running (I've yet to try). But trust me when we said it was broken for click-n-ship. Only time you would even get a RRA option is when u are just calculating. You could navigate directly from that quote page to print, and it would not appear. A few threads from Amazon and eBay have been linked showing the problem nationwide.

I am just glad it worked for you, and lets hope by time I have a chance to use it, its up and running!

Yea, I received that as well. lol

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am baffled

So I go to print a report and see which ones failed (I shipped a painting via UPS so thought it might be that one)

I have 1 sale right now that happened last night for a jacket, the guy bid on a tie as well and wanted me to ship both together (although I offer free shipping
puzzled.gif
). I closed the auction and awarded the winning bid to him. If he doesn't pay right away I have to ship that by tomorrow to keep my 1 day handling right?
Mine looks almost exactly like yours. drives me crazy.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UCTION VS BIN-

I sold a blazer to another forum member through ebay for practically thrift prices - he reflipped for 9x what I sold for- but took a month and a half for it to happen

What are your opinions on quick auction sales that might yield less profit vs the long wait (there aren't free fixed price listings anymore correct?)

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AUCTION VS BIN-

I sold a blazer to another forum member through ebay for practically thrift prices - he reflipped for 9x what I sold for- but took a month and a half for it to happen

What are your opinions on quick auction sales that might yield less profit vs the long wait (there aren't free fixed price listings anymore correct?)

You pretty much have your answer. For BIN you can wait for the right buyer who will come along and pay a good price for your item (but then your inventory piles up). With auction, unless it is really a hot ticket item (florsheim shell longwings!!!) or have the huge following of sellers like spoo/wes/brian, it's tough to get top price in a 10 day time window.

If you list 50 new items a week it's hard not to do auctions, unless you have the storage space of a warehouse. If you list a handful of items a month, then it's surely worth it to do BIN to get top $$. Like, for a Brioni jacket, would you care to pay $0.30 per month to list it BIN? If you do, you're doing it wrong. Whereas if you're listing Banana Republic chinos for $15, it makes little sense to do BIN. Basically it depends on what kind of things and how many things you sell.

Btw, link to the auction?? I'm mega curious now. 9x is quite the feat!

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You pretty much have your answer. For BIN you can wait for the right buyer who will come along and pay a good price for your item (but then your inventory piles up). With auction, unless it is really a hot ticket item (florsheim shell longwings!!!) or have the huge following of sellers like spoo/wes/brian, it's tough to get top price in a 10 day time window.

If you list 50 new items a week it's hard not to do auctions, unless you have the storage space of a warehouse. If you list a handful of items a month, then it's surely worth it to do BIN to get top $$. Like, for a Brioni jacket, would you care to pay $0.30 per month to list it BIN? If you do, you're doing it wrong. Whereas if you're listing Banana Republic chinos for $15, it makes little sense to do BIN. Basically it depends on what kind of things and how many things you sell.

Btw, link to the auction?? I'm mega curious now. 9x is quite the feat!
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUMMER-Canal...lazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item4ad625e2d8&_uhb=1

Sort of links to the other SF member but I dont think he cares that much, he made some good money! Not sure if I'm doing my auctions like ****, but this went for scraps (Should have started with a higher base price)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this message from Ebay "Customer Support" after they decided an Item Not Received case in the buyers' favor.

Quote:
We received insufficient tracking info from you. You must provide tracking info in the Resolution Center before a case gets escalated. Note that tracking info includes the shipping carrier and an item tracking number that can be tracked online. If the item $750.00 or more, shipping with signature confirmation is required.

This is AFTER I uploaded the effing tracking info. What the flying fudge do I have to do to avoid this?I guess I'll be adding another country to my list of countries I don't ship to.

COtoKS

Reaction score

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUMMER-Canal...lazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item4ad625e2d8&_uhb=1

Sort of links to the other SF member but I dont think he cares that much, he made some good money! Not sure if I'm doing my auctions like ****, but this went for scraps (Should have started with a higher base price)

Do you have a stool or a smaller end table you can rest the base of your mannequin on so the fabric doesn't gather at the bottom? You should also start pinning your jackets in the back to give them a better shape.

rhz5001

Reaction score
AUCTION VS BIN-

What are your opinions on quick auction sales that might yield less profit vs the long wait (there aren't free fixed price listings anymore

Disclaimer: Twas not me who bought the sport coat.

Dude you pay $42 for a sport coat as thrift prices!?

He seriously sold that for $380!? I really must raise my prices if that's the case.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Twas not me who bought the sport coat.

Dude you pay $42 for a sport coat as thrift prices!?

He seriously sold that for $380!? I really must raise my prices if that's the case.
If my ebay searching is correct, the other styleforum user sold it for $199 US and jdrizzy sold it for $26.49 US.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AUCTION VS BIN-

A big part of it is your storage capacity and your ability to manage inventory. Some of us live in smaller apartments and don't have a dedicated work space and need to move things pretty quickly. Others don't want to be bothered with sorting through tons of inventory for whatever lifestyle reason. Buy it nows as an average result in higher prices, especially on niche items like a bright sport coat, but auctions can result in eye-popping figures when a bidding war occurs. Auctions in general are best for "commodity" items such as those in common sizes or styling or something that is likely to get 20-50 watchers. Buy it nows are better for things in odd sizes or that do eventually sell, but don't get as many eye balls, say a NWT mall brand item. There are exceptions to all these rules, but the sport coat in question is definitely better suited for BIN.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads