Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

This is another great tip. You get money, albeit a little less, but you're helping out a local shop in a time where they need all the help they can get.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

My trending data still highlights April as a month that is taken into count. Unless I am reading into this incorrectly

[​IMG]

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Hmmm.. I was just going by this....

--------------->[​IMG]

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Thanks guys, this is all very helpful. I am going to check out Discogs as I am already on there contributing.

I called around to a few places in town and none were interested in a collection my size in mostly hip-hop/r&b but I do have a few more I would like to try out before giving up on that route.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

I had a defect about a month ago, where they stated the item was not received. I sent the tracking number and they instantly closed the case ( assuming it was at the post office or something) - Can I fight this ? ( it raises my defect % since I have 3/17x transactions)

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It depends if the case was opened before or after the estimated delivery date. In my opinion either one is BS since you can't really control the delivery progress, but if it's before the estimated delivery date, you can fight it.

7. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Brian - looking good, I like the rougher dark background. One minor typo as I was reading, on the about page, just missing a period:
    Our selling philosophy:

Our goal is to find the right buyer for your item which will generate the highest possible selling price(here) By offering a robust selection...

My only other question, and maybe it's been answered already, if so ignore, on the main page in your scrolling pictures, I saw an item I potentially wanted, but tried to click but it would not. Are these meant to just be images for show, or an actual gallery of your current items? Lastly, thanks for the pro tips on which labels are marketable [​IMG]

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I recently tried to fight a case and they pointed out that the defect hits as soon as the case is open, regardless of the outcome of the case. They also told me that at this point they do not have any way to remove the defects even if they agreed. I asked if they would have the appeal process in place before it goes live in late August and the operator told me he was unsure. Pretty ridiculous.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Had a defect removed today...supposedly. They don't come off automatically unless it is an escalated case that is decided in your favor. If the buyer closes the case, the defect still stands, unless you fight/appeal it on the phone with ebay.

Today's was one from a few weeks ago when the mail carrier scanned all my packages as delivered. I had to get the postmaster to back out all of the tracking and reenter it so it would track again. The case was opened in the mean time and since the tracking now shows delivered, they removed the defect. It is still on my downloadable defect report for now, but the defect percentage went down almost immediately.

10. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

^Nice, thanks for the info.

11. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I've unhappily received a pair of shoes in the USPS Tyvek bag before but leaving neutral or negative feedback for it sounds pretty darn harsh. Did you contact the seller about your frustrations?

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I have one defect that I definitely need to get removed - buyer had their old address in PayPal, owned up to it in eBay messaging, opened a case as "not received", USPS showed delivered. Should be a no-brainer, I would think...

Oh frack I had the backwards-scan happen to me once - what a nightmare - it was like 20 packages all showing delivered to my city, buyers messaging asking what the hell was going on. Postman who picked them up said "oh, they'll get there" - I explained I had people losing their minds and messaging me non-stop...that I couldn't prove delivery happened, etc. Did not know I could have them backed out and re-entered as picked up instead - very good to know in case it ever happens again, which I hope it does not. When I schedule pickup on larger batches I even put in the notes "please do not scan as delivered - scan as picked up", if that makes any difference.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

backwards scans are right up there with dentists, flat tires on highways, and 4 year old birthday parties.

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yep, got one today actually. Buyer bought /paid for item last night. Packaged last night/ picked up at 1PM today. Scanned as delivered. Buyer opened item not received case. WTF!

15. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

OK. I have this nice suit, in 9.5/10 condition on the outside.

Unfortunately the lining has some pretty bad yellow underarm stains.

[​IMG]

Is there a "method" for these type of biological stains? Have the dry cleaner give it a shot? List and disclose?

What do you guys do with interior staining?