• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Wes, and other people who use little boxes (6x3x3) for shipping ties, is there any problem with wrapping the label around the box? I've read that shrinking the label size to fit small boxes is considered a big no-no with USPS, so wrapping seems to be the only other option.

Thanks!

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Wes, and other people who use little boxes (6x3x3) for shipping ties, is there any problem with wrapping the label around the box? I've read that shrinking the label size to fit small boxes is considered a big no-no with USPS, so wrapping seems to be the only other option.

Thanks!
As long as the bar code is flat and scannable, you're fine.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I hope I never become too jaded to enjoy a well-written, heartfelt feedback comment.

Lirum

Reaction score
As long as the bar code is flat and scannable, you're fine.

Yeah, I've been using Wes's boxes for about a month now and wrap the label. As long as everything is flat you're set.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been using Wes's boxes for about a month now and wrap the label. As long as everything is flat you're set.
Semi-cautionary tale: I sold a translite (the plastic poster-like artwork) for a pinball machine this past week. I rolled it up and put it in a tube. I put the label on the tube vertically and dropped it off at the post office with a few other packages. The next day, for whatever reason, I checked the tracking and noticed that it hadn't been updated, while all the other ones had. I went to the post office and asked them if they knew what happened and then they asked how I put the label on. I told them and they said that on tubes, if you put the label on like I did, the scanner has a very hard time reading the label. Basically, it skews the barcode which would have been flat had I put it on the other way. Not sure if that makes sense, but if anyone ever ships anything in a tube, make sure you think about if a scanner will be able to read the barcode.

The package eventually showed up as delivered, but it could have been more of a hassle.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Just a head's up for anyone who's bought a tie recently from the eBay seller MBIUHouston, it looks like things have gone pear-shaped with their account, lots of feedback complaining about slow replies, significant shipping delays and items not being delivered plus their store has gone from having thousands of ties listed to none. You may want to check on the status of your purchases and consider opening a case.

Edit: Apparently I missed the message on their store homepage:

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
Just a head's up for anyone who's bought a tie recently from the eBay seller MBIUHouston, it looks like things have gone pear-shaped with their account, lots of feedback complaining about slow replies, significant shipping delays and items not being delivered plus their store has gone from having thousands of ties listed to none. You may want to check on the status of your purchases and consider opening a case.

Edit: Apparently I missed the message on their store homepage:

Thanks for the heads up. They've been slow in the past, but this is definitely longer than normal.

Lirum

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. They've been slow in the past, but this is definitely longer than normal.

lol, minutes after I post this, I get shipping on everything.

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score

Thanks!

As others have said, the excess blank space at the bottom wraps underneath, the barcode and address are nicely displayed, and then the square scannable thing area folds nicely over the top. Only pro-tip I've learned the hard way is however you make notes on the box, make it on the top or bottom which will be covered by the label, not the side, because they don't stack well standing up, need to be laying on their flat sides.

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads