• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your condition description in the your body is misleading

Condition : Excellent! Feels rough due to the Silk-Linen blending.

--
You cannot put the word excellent, when the back seam is separating. Even if that is a quick fix, it does need to be mentioned.

Sounds like you caught a big break by eBay! But for future, I'd at least mention the flaw

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

--
You cannot put the word excellent, when the back seam is separating. Even if that is a quick fix, it does need to be mentioned.

Sounds like you caught a big break by eBay! But for future, I'd at least mention the flaw
+1 I never use words like excellent, mint, like new, or any ratings at all. All of my items are called 'nice preowned' and I tell buyers to look at my years of feedback and decide if they want to buy the item. If they dont like that, too bad and move on.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

--

+1 I never use words like excellent, mint, like new, or any ratings at all. All of my items are called 'nice preowned' and I tell buyers to look at my years of feedback and decide if they want to buy the item. If they dont like that, too bad and move on.

Oh yeah don't worry... This rookie mistake will NEVER happen again that's for sure! From what I understood, 'Excellent with loose seam' would have been enough to win the case in the first place.
Thrift gods are upon me :eek: I think what saved me is the awful attitude of the buyer (actual insults in e-mails, etc.)... His feedback was against eBay policy too.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah don't worry... This rookie mistake will NEVER happen again that's for sure! From what I understood, 'Excellent with loose seam' would have been enough to win the case in the first place.
Thrift gods are upon me :eek: I think what saved me is the awful attitude of the buyer (actual insults in e-mails, etc.)... His feedback was against eBay policy too.
What did eBay say was against policy here?

"Misrepresented the sports jacket as excellent and it was badly worn. Stay away!"

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really know what lead them to the decision there but when I was on the phone with a rep she told me that every buyer was entitled to its own opinion but she clearly told me that if he lied on the condition on the item on the feedback it was not okay. Sorry it's been a month so I don't exactly remember what she said.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to call ebay and ask them it put it on "my ebay" page. You also need to call and ask what your limits are the first time for them to activate it it seems like
Mine has always been on my ebay "All Selling" page. I am wondering if guys with stores don't have this by default?

Don't laugh at my numbers! I have been on vacation for most of July
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to call ebay and ask them it put it on "my ebay" page. You also need to call and ask what your limits are the first time for them to activate it it seems like

Mine has always been on my ebay "All Selling" page. I am wondering if guys with stores don't have this by default?

My seller limits did not appear on my summary page until after I called and asked eBay to raise my limits...after that - poof - it suddenly appeared.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the "Regional Rate A" shipping option disappear for you guys in paypal?

No big deal cause I will sometimes go to USPS.com and generate a label, which gives me one. however, this time, I was able to generate in usps.com but no tracking # provided.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My seller limits did not appear on my summary page until after I called and asked eBay to raise my limits...after that - poof - it suddenly appeared.

Hmm, I guess I won't worry about it too much for now. I still haven't hit 400 items at any given time.

Did the "Regional Rate A" shipping option disappear for you guys in paypal?

No big deal cause I will sometimes go to USPS.com and generate a label, which gives me one. however, this time, I was able to generate in usps.com but no tracking # provided.

I'm not sure about PayPal, but I sent a package RRA yesterday through Ebay, and it worked just fine.

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Subscribed great stuff in this thread you guys are some very knowledgable folks hopefully you can help me In the future!

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow... The craziest **** just happened to me...

So long story short... I sold this jacket more than a month ago http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281349861357?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649
I already talked about it a bit in the thread but whatever. I won't copy here the pissing contest between the buyer and me :D

So I lost a SNAD case because on photo 4 you can see a loose seam but I was dumb enough to think that people weren't dumb enough to buy it without noticing it. Communication was REALLY bad with the buyer and as it was my first case I didn't really handled it like I'm sure you guys would have...

Anyway, I got the most awful feedback (buyer was a dick btw - you can just feel it in his mails), had to refund the jacket blablabla. I'm in Canada so eating 16.03 CAD for a return is really uncool. Worst thing for me was the feedback of course as I'm a new seller.

I went to the Canada Post office to get my parcel back and then BOOM the cashier announces me that I had to pay 18$ in duty fees (7.50$ in taxes, 15% for a 50$ item and 11$ handling fees ahah). Obviously i was ******* and even ****** and ******. Really bad day you know :)

In a last attempt to re-gain confidence in eBay I appeal the case, saying it was an outrage because obviously the guy tagged the parcel as a merchandise and he knew I would get fucked by duties (he's a big seller on eBay). I also made the same claims on the jacket, saying that there were no other damage than the seam on the photos and I didn't deserve this treatment...

And today... WTF! eBay just sent me an e-mail saying I won my appeal and they will refund me and remove the neg feedback I had...

How crazy is that? Is that common with eBay?! Honestly I'm happy but I don't even understand what happened there....

PS : I didn't even try but there is maybe a way that if I call the Customs and explain my problem they could levy the 15% taxes lol..
Just talked to a very cool Customs officer, they are gonna send me a 18.01 CAD check in about a month.

JUSTICE IS SERVED!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads