Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Do you mean "do not guarantee?"

2. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

mercy! Merci.

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Ask her if the dealership charged her sales tax on the last used car she purchased.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Got 3 messages from the same person last week, asking me to make a deal on 2 suits and a tie. They were auction items and he wanted me to end the auctions and sell them to him at a reduced price. I politely said no. Then he sends me a message asking me to give him a good price on the whole package (the auctions had ended by then). I gave him a number. And now he replies to me with half of his message in all caps asking me to add him to the buyer exemption list because he can't purchase anything from me. Turns out he's been automatically blocked for not having a paypal account, which prevented him from bidding on an unrelated 3rd suit, which is not even the same size as the other two suits he wanted. Wtf.

Just have a bad feeling about all of this. This is block-worthy behavior, right?

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I would block & ignore...even if they end up getting paypal sounds like they'd be a pain to deal with.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

That's what I thought. I was briefly tempted by the 'Please see my feedback, I'm a great buyer' line. Clearly, the guy's interested and all. But yeah, thanks, for the nudge in the right direction.

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

9. Skinnah2Winnah

Skinnah2Winnah New Member

got the sae thing & don't do it

10. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

You just never know when it comes to bids! We've all had our fair share of unusually explosions [​IMG] of bidding wars, which we wish could be a consistency!

I remember having an extremely dated old Armani Silk Jacket in an unusually size (I think a 40S or 38S) and it went for roughly 130$...Also duplicated that with a dated Canali cream jacket.

Ride the wave my friend, ride the wave!

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

I had to go look who it was with 65 feedback pretty easy to tell.. Bought a cheap suit off me, hasnt left me feedback yet from June...oh well

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

no overcheck left behind?

14. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Wow... The craziest shit just happened to me...

So long story short... I sold this jacket more than a month ago http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281349861357?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649
    I already talked about it a bit in the thread but whatever. I won't copy here the pissing contest between the buyer and me :D

So I lost a SNAD case because on photo 4 you can see a loose seam but I was dumb enough to think that people weren't dumb enough to buy it without noticing it. Communication was REALLY bad with the buyer and as it was my first case I didn't really handled it like I'm sure you guys would have...

Anyway, I got the most awful feedback (buyer was a dick btw - you can just feel it in his mails), had to refund the jacket blablabla. I'm in Canada so eating 16.03 CAD for a return is really uncool. Worst thing for me was the feedback of course as I'm a new seller.

I went to the Canada Post office to get my parcel back and then BOOM the cashier announces me that I had to pay 18$ in duty fees (7.50$ in taxes, 15% for a 50$ item and 11$ handling fees ahah). Obviously i was ******* and even ****** and ******. Really bad day you know :)

In a last attempt to re-gain confidence in eBay I appeal the case, saying it was an outrage because obviously the guy tagged the parcel as a merchandise and he knew I would get fucked by duties (he's a big seller on eBay). I also made the same claims on the jacket, saying that there were no other damage than the seam on the photos and I didn't deserve this treatment...

And today... WTF! eBay just sent me an e-mail saying I won my appeal and they will refund me and remove the neg feedback I had...

How crazy is that? Is that common with eBay?! Honestly I'm happy but I don't even understand what happened there....

PS : I didn't even try but there is maybe a way that if I call the Customs and explain my problem they could levy the 15% taxes lol..