Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think it looks very nice!

A few small critiques:

I would change "Back of Coat" to "Coat Length (Measured from Bottom of Collar)"

I would change "Arm Length" to "Sleeve Length"

and "Measurments" is spelled incorrectly...you need another "e" in there after the"r"

I agree on having the General Info above the Measurements

Otherwise I really like it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. concealed

concealed Senior member

MZhammer, I like that layout a lot, great job!

3. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Thanks, I like the edits to the Sleeve and Coat wording. I also fixed measurements!

If you want to use it, it will be offered as a blank template once it's finished!

4. concealed

concealed Senior member

Yes!

5. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

6. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Very nice! :fonz:

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Looks good, MZ. I'd advise you to press both the shirt and jacket before listing, though. :)

8. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Thanks All.

I am in the process of making an editable word doc with fill in forms for this template. It will allow you to Tab to all areas that need to be edited without hitting any of the coding.

I figure all of the descriptions, measurements, shipping prices, image locations and background colors need to be included. Anything else?

Otherwise I can email the word doc to everyone to use when it's ready.

EDIT:

I am messing with a border to separate the "who we are portion," any thoughts? I also removed the borders around the images.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2015/ebaycodingexample4.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on the background color? The Papyrus look I am unsure about but can't really decide on anything better...

Remember guys, the better we make this look the nicer the frame will be when you use it!

9. tben

tben Senior member

Am I the only one that caught this? ...Office Space, nice!

10. grendel

grendel Senior member

Ahh, yeah... I lost that the wording was the same because this is pretty commonly known

11. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Can you send me the template to use? Anyone know if rhis would work with garagesale? It looks great IMHO, and i have no html skills whatsoever.
    Also, I feel like ebay has been raping me more than usual lately, listing fees seem astronomical since I opened my store. Do you get a break on auction insertion fees at all? I wasn't aware you no longer get the 50 free listings! AND the store calculator thing calculates insertion fee comparison for items starting at .99, which they don't make clear. In short, I was excited to open my store but now I think it just costs me a lot of money... Any input from others with a store?

12. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

I caught that too. I chuckled [​IMG]

13. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Same here. I was going to comment that, since this is gospel, the only possible reason he was fired on Monday was because he killed one of his co-workers. Which makes it all the more wise that you just refunded him. But then I decided it wasn't as funny a comment as I thought, so I decided not to post it.

Wait, what?

14. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

I feel this has been addressed before, but I can't find it. I have my first return request today and rather than fight it and lose anyway, I figure I'll just accept it and give the refund, but it appears that unless the buyer actually opens a case, I can't get the fvf back from eBay. Is that correct? If so, are there any negative consequences of having the buyer open a case merely so I can close it with a full refund and get back the fvf?

Finally, does the "full refund" that eBay refers to include the buyers shipping costs?

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You will need to go in and mark the item as unpaid. Then click "resolve issue", select "cancel transaction", chose the reason "buyer is returning item for refund". The buyer will have to accept the cancellation request within 7 days. Once they accept, you will get you fees back, if they don't accept it within 7 days, you will get your fees back at the end. If they decline NO FEES back. You don't want them to open a case.

No, ebay considers the return shipping to be the buyers responsibility. However, usually if I feel it was my fault that constituted a return, I offer to pay the return shipping as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012