• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Next time, just take half a hit.  You're trippin' hard ese. 

Full disclosure, Wes and I have a friendly ugly tie selling competition. We each thrifted each other the ugliest tie we could find, and we each had to list it and see where it went.

"Consider adding the words Classic or 100% Silk to your Title." :rotflmao:

Soporific?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
How long have you been wanting to use that in your title?
lol8[1].gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ESSENTIAL Flightless Bird Tie Peafowl Pavo Cristatus Pure Silk

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wanna see the one Wes had to list, that you thrifted for him.
Honestly, Spoo sucked at the picking out of my tie. lol...probably a power play.

I'm thinking he didn't fully understand the concept of, "most ridiculous tie". I'm sure the next one will be ridiculouser.

Also if you think the peacock tie was wild, wait till you see what he gets on the next round. hehehe

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Spoo sucked at the picking out of my tie. lol

I'm thinking he didn't fully understand the concept of, "most ridiculous tie". I'm sure the next one will be ridiculouser.

Also if you think the peacock tie was wild, wait till you see what he gets on the next round. hehehe

Yeesh. Vote goes to Wes for the picking this round. May the best man win...or, lose... or whatever the desired outcome is.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this "contest" should be expanded to all interested parties. Liven things up around here and such... I know I'll be looking for some obnoxious ties.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I think this "contest" should be expanded to all interested parties. Liven things up around here and such... I know I'll be looking for some obnoxious ties.
New thread...? head that up, sure people will be interested in participating. It was like the ebay scavenger hunt thread till it died.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evening gents, buyer opened a case without contacting me. Please let me know if you think I'm in the wrong here. If so, I'll accept it, if not, I'll fight it. Thanks for your feedback:

His comments "The item is size s which is not as described. Measurements provided are tricky and do not show all measurements. Armpit opening is very small (for very thin arm)and is not described at all."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231273984023?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Thanks!

edit: followed the recommended thread process. Contacted ebay, had the gentleman make some notes, received call id number and will call back on the 16th.
I looked at this and thought it was a solid listing with good photos, except there isn't a photo of the size tag that I could see.

So you listed it as a M, but in your heading you listed it as S-M with measurements provided.

I think you can fight it with your photos and measurements. I would have said this was a Size 39 vest (more small than medium).

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: My own item not as described case above. I tried a different route and we'll see if it works out. I told the gentleman I'd be glad to issue a refund since I want a happy customer, however I cannot agree that the item was not as described. I also explained to him that since a case was opened that the item was not as described, that unless it's somehow canceled on his end, or found in my favor then I receive a defect. He did not realize this and thought if we "settle" in this phase it would not count against me. He ended up stating "At the end i really like the vest but for some reason it has small arm openings and i am not a big man. If i can return that is enough for me." He's shipping the vest back tomorrow. Now to figure out how I can issue a refund without being dinged for canceling a sale without going through that formal process. I think my best outcome here is the case is escalated in 3 days before the vest arrives back. The case is closed in my favor, I use the appropriate process to initiate the return, I provide the refund, buyer is happy, I do not have a defect....we'll see.

I think I'm either going to start accepting returns or include something in the box that says if you are unhappy follow these steps to contact me. Please do not open a case as item not as described or I will be forced to "fight" the case.
I think you still have to call ebay and get your objections on the record.

cdgreg

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses gents. I did call eBay and provided my objections. The primary issue is there is no size tag. If there is a tagged size that would be a piece of cake lol.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't give arm hole measurements when you sold it right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads