Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

2. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

On re-list I know they can for sure.

3. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

3 deadbeats buyers over the last days. 2 with 0 feedback, 1 with 4. Two of them sent me a best offer and then never paid. Why make an offer if they don’t intend to pay anyway, help me understand… [​IMG]

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Edit: Faldo alarm

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

5. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Unfortunately it's not you

6. Brianpore

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Wanted to let you guys know, I recently purchased some shoe bags from an eBay seller, and they are wonderful!
    If anyone is interested in purchasing some for personal use, I would recommend this seller and these bags.

They are a single bag for both shoes to fit in. But inside the bag, is a divider to allow the shoes not to touch each other!

Wonderful Flannel Cotton with a synch rope!

Click here - Best part is OBO is accepted, and if you can get them under 10$ total, they are cheaper than the AE ones...with free shipping!

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Evening gents, buyer opened a case without contacting me. Please let me know if you think I'm in the wrong here. If so, I'll accept it, if not, I'll fight it. Thanks for your feedback:

His comments "The item is size s which is not as described. Measurements provided are tricky and do not show all measurements. Armpit opening is very small (for very thin arm)and is not described at all."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231273984023?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Thanks!

edit: followed the recommended thread process. Contacted ebay, had the gentleman make some notes, received call id number and will call back on the 16th.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

9. Brianpore

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

This doesn't seem super cut-and-dry, but I think that if it's tagged as a small, and you've called it a small, you should be okay. It might be grounds for a return as "wrong size or doesn't fit", but not for a case against you.

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

That rocks!

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

14. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

RE: My own item not as described case above. I tried a different route and we'll see if it works out. I told the gentleman I'd be glad to issue a refund since I want a happy customer, however I cannot agree that the item was not as described. I also explained to him that since a case was opened that the item was not as described, that unless it's somehow canceled on his end, or found in my favor then I receive a defect. He did not realize this and thought if we "settle" in this phase it would not count against me. He ended up stating "At the end i really like the vest but for some reason it has small arm openings and i am not a big man. If i can return that is enough for me." He's shipping the vest back tomorrow. Now to figure out how I can issue a refund without being dinged for canceling a sale without going through that formal process. I think my best outcome here is the case is escalated in 3 days before the vest arrives back. The case is closed in my favor, I use the appropriate process to initiate the return, I provide the refund, buyer is happy, I do not have a defect....we'll see.

I think I'm either going to start accepting returns or include something in the box that says if you are unhappy follow these steps to contact me. Please do not open a case as item not as described or I will be forced to "fight" the case.

15. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member