• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PIA that it is, I always take mine to the Post Office and request a scanned receipt ( when I print the label from a EBay).
I would hate to get shafted on a $1000 pair of Shoes.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ************* mailman again forgot to pick up my packages today. This is at least the 5th time overall and twice in a row for this same batch
I had the same problem. I was even getting the emails saying that the pickup was completed. I called and complained and it hasn't happened since. One day, the mail carrier walked to my front door and dropped a package off without picking up the ones that were scheduled for pickup.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
x-post from LuxeSwap thread… So, I'm trying an experiment with my next auctions. Instead of my standard mannequin shots for gallery, which sometimes in a larger size or odd fit or fabric don't look so appealing, Im trying the fabric closeup for the gallery. Anyone have any opinions either way?

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This blows my mind, My mailman told me they get a small bonus for every package they pick up with pre-paid postage.

However, she also told me that the postmaster told her last week that she is not supposed to be scanning the packages when she picks them up. Which means that they would not be scanned until after they left our post office and arrived at the next stop, Harrisburg or Philly. Theoretically they could get lost between here and there and look like I never shipped them, voiding any insurance coverage or Seller Protection. She told me she is still going to scan them for me unless she gets in trouble for it. I can see this causing trouble for sellers across the country who offer 24 hour or same day shipping when it comes to the new TRS 90% uploaded and scanned rule.
WOW, this explains a lot. Today my packages were picked up while I was home, and unaware. I usually know when the postman arrives, or hears the shuffling of loading and scanning. It was a quick getaway. So this had me worried enough to call the postoffice to confirm they were picked up, and not stolen. I usually receive an email immediately after confirming the request is complete. Today, the post office clerk informed me they were picked up, yet not scanned. I asked if this is normal, and he said things are changing, and not all packages may be scanned as they were before. To add this to your findings Wes, it sure sounds like another obstacle we have to be aware of and keep a close eye on.

x-post from LuxeSwap thread… So, I'm trying an experiment with my next auctions. Instead of my standard mannequin shots for gallery, which sometimes in a larger size or odd fit or fabric don't look so appealing, Im trying the fabric closeup for the gallery. Anyone have any opinions either way?

Like many, I normally have a mannequin full front view for gallery. Lately, I've been tinkering with just the upper torso shoulder to shoulder view (Wes does this often), to help peak some viewable details in searches. Its far easy to see the up close details in a half torso, rather than full shot. Let me know what happens, I am sure your views will not hinder much, given your followers.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would have clicked on all of those.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's nice for patterned things, but would be boring on solid colored items

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had the same problem. I was even getting the emails saying that the pickup was completed. I called and complained and it hasn't happened since. One day, the mail carrier walked to my front door and dropped a package off without picking up the ones that were scheduled for pickup.

Same. Get the emails constantly saying packages have been picked up. Come home from work (and after po is closed) and they're all sitting there.

briancpotter

Reaction score
Question for SpooPoker or anyone else who wants to chime in:

When listing a shoe (or any other item) size like this, does it see less traffic than it otherwise would? Picking anything other than a regular number relegates it to the "Not Specified" portion of the size filter, and I'm wondering how much of an impact it has.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Question for SpooPoker or anyone else who wants to chime in: When listing a shoe (or any other item) size like this, does it see less traffic than it otherwise would? Picking anything other than a regular number relegates it to the "Not Specified" portion of the size filter, and I'm wondering how much of an impact it has.
Did you nick that from one of my listings? That field doesn't matter to me for traffic, its more for coverage in case of any issues down the road. An Italian 42 is a 9, however if the shoes are tagged a 42 and that field is a 9, its an inconsistent listing and therefore ineligible for protection. So I do both, which is fine.

briancpotter

Reaction score
Did you nick that from one of my listings?

That field doesn't matter to me for traffic, its more for coverage in case of any issues down the road. An Italian 42 is a 9, however if the shoes are tagged a 42 and that field is a 9, its an inconsistent listing and therefore ineligible for protection. So I do both, which is fine.

Yep, pulled it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fatte-a-Man...3445060?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item48693ff744

That's interesting - mind sharing what % of your traffic (or sales) come from regular ebay searches, and what % come from your website/ebay followers/affiliate thread/etc? I understand if you want to keep it to yourself, obv.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like those - especially top left and the bottom.

I will switch it up for certain blazers/suits. I will use this type of shot occasionally:

Last edited:

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross post from thrift thread as it should really be in here..... Does anyone have a solid grasp of Armani Collezioni labels to determine what order they are in recent to old? I think this is the more recent label? On a super cool sport coat
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Since became atmani colleczioni when switched from Giorgio Armani colleczioni the labels haven't changed so much. So it's a plus because label isn't dated minus because harder to date

Last edited:

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Close ups are nice
It's good to look at the weave and detailing in the item
Gives a chance to see thhr fabric from a closet view

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads