Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

PIA that it is, I always take mine to the Post Office and request a scanned receipt ( when I print the label from a EBay).
    I would hate to get shafted on a $1000 pair of Shoes.

2. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

I had the same problem. I was even getting the emails saying that the pickup was completed. I called and complained and it hasn't happened since. One day, the mail carrier walked to my front door and dropped a package off without picking up the ones that were scheduled for pickup.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

x-post from LuxeSwap thread… So, I'm trying an experiment with my next auctions. Instead of my standard mannequin shots for gallery, which sometimes in a larger size or odd fit or fabric don't look so appealing, Im trying the fabric closeup for the gallery. Anyone have any opinions either way?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

WOW, this explains a lot. Today my packages were picked up while I was home, and unaware. I usually know when the postman arrives, or hears the shuffling of loading and scanning. It was a quick getaway. So this had me worried enough to call the postoffice to confirm they were picked up, and not stolen. I usually receive an email immediately after confirming the request is complete. Today, the post office clerk informed me they were picked up, yet not scanned. I asked if this is normal, and he said things are changing, and not all packages may be scanned as they were before. To add this to your findings Wes, it sure sounds like another obstacle we have to be aware of and keep a close eye on.

Like many, I normally have a mannequin full front view for gallery. Lately, I've been tinkering with just the upper torso shoulder to shoulder view (Wes does this often), to help peak some viewable details in searches. Its far easy to see the up close details in a half torso, rather than full shot. Let me know what happens, I am sure your views will not hinder much, given your followers.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I would have clicked on all of those.

6. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I think it's nice for patterned things, but would be boring on solid colored items

7. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Same. Get the emails constantly saying packages have been picked up. Come home from work (and after po is closed) and they're all sitting there.

8. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

Question for SpooPoker or anyone else who wants to chime in:

[​IMG]

When listing a shoe (or any other item) size like this, does it see less traffic than it otherwise would? Picking anything other than a regular number relegates it to the "Not Specified" portion of the size filter, and I'm wondering how much of an impact it has.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did you nick that from one of my listings? That field doesn't matter to me for traffic, its more for coverage in case of any issues down the road. An Italian 42 is a 9, however if the shoes are tagged a 42 and that field is a 9, its an inconsistent listing and therefore ineligible for protection. So I do both, which is fine.

10. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

Yep, pulled it from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fatte-a-Man...3445060?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item48693ff744

That's interesting - mind sharing what % of your traffic (or sales) come from regular ebay searches, and what % come from your website/ebay followers/affiliate thread/etc? I understand if you want to keep it to yourself, obv.

11. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Cross post from thrift thread as it should really be in here.....

Does anyone have a solid grasp of Armani Collezioni labels to determine what order they are in recent to old? I think this is the more recent label? On a super cool sport coat [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. suited

suited Senior member

I like those - especially top left and the bottom.

I will switch it up for certain blazers/suits. I will use this type of shot occasionally:

[​IMG]

13. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Since became atmani colleczioni when switched from Giorgio Armani colleczioni the labels haven't changed so much. So it's a plus because label isn't dated minus because harder to date

14. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Close ups are nice
    It's good to look at the weave and detailing in the item
    Gives a chance to see thhr fabric from a closet view

15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member