Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

The all black color was under 500 so I splurged for a red camera! Guess the price is too good to be true but will see.

2. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

4. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Looking bad.....

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Well, its been 41 days, but I think you can leave feedback up to 90 days...He hasn't threatened me with "negative feedback" but says "am now prompted to give you feedback...but feel bad about this" is that a threat I can use against him?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  6. Jurgis

Jurgis Well-Known Member

If you buy online, make sure it has a USA warranty (if you live in the USA). If it doesn't Nikon USA will NOT honor the warranty. As a matter of fact, they won't even repair it for a fee! If it says international warranty, that is not a USA warranty. Also check resellerratings.com if you have concerns about the seller

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Holy cow...just got back from a cookout and Braves game with family, who asked if I might help unload some stuff for them on eBay. First thing was a bag of 90% silver Mercury dimes with $500 face value (5,000 dimes) - bag weighed like 20 pounds. Unsearched, so might be some good ones in there. Next was several rolls of silver dollars, appeared to be mint uncirculated. Several ounce bars and one 10-oz bar. Several bags of circulated loose silver coins. Several US mint commemorative silver sets. Was told about, but did not see, gold & platinum coins & bullion as well. As much fun as it would have been to have 1-cent auctions on all that stuff, told them to shop it around at coin stores - no reason to pay the 13% or whatever in eBay and PayPal fees, plus shipping, insurance etc...or better yet, hang onto it - no financial emergency is forcing the sale. Was cool to look at and play with though! But now I'm thinking about making a market rate offer on the bag o' dimes, hoping to find a few that would pay for the entire lot...

8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

In which case, I would send it Express.

9. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I think your pic's will save the day, however something isn't quite right with the measurements. the inside dimension is dead on for a US12.

10. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

11. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Thanks guys, will do.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  12. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

How to deal with this issue...Sold things that ended last sunday, buyers took a day or two to pay, 2 returns initiated Friday, neither shows as shipping yet....

I leave on vacation on Saturday for a week, and I usually have the post office hold my mail for the week, am I ok not to initiate a refund if they are not here this week and wait until I'm back another week and get all my mail?

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

You should be fine. Are you using the "hassle free return" system through eBay? If so, eBay usually gives you up to 7 days from when the item shows return delivered, for you to make the refund. If the packages are shown "delivered" the Monday after you leave, you should (call eBay, double check) have till the following Monday to initial the return. And any day after that works in your favor as it will extend the refund deadline.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Posting up the "tombstone" for my recently deceased D40… 265,000 shots, I think she had a good life. :(

Check yours at www.myshuttercount.com - thanks to Wes for the tip.

[​IMG]

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Very Respectable!