• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mjt73106

Reaction score
The shipping / print shipping label page for one of my eBay sites changed about a week ago and now offers either USPS or FedEx. My other eBay sites have not changed and still offers USPS only. Has anyone else had this happen?

It seems very nice so far. It allows you to compare the two shippers for pricing. I have already saved some significant $ on a couple of shipments. FedEx also includes some insurance (they do not call it insurance) maybe $50 to $75 per shipment. It also offers international as well, but so far I have not used FedEx for international yet. So far it seems very good. . .

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Got to love ebay
lol8[1].gif
Keep in mind this is a Brooks Brothers 346 Linen/Silk/Wool Blend Woven Tweed like coat http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140878342814

Quote:
Reply Quote:
Quote:

Reply Quote:

So I'm going to start taking crappy iphone pictures. 1st time for everything I guess. Obviously I'm going to send him a refund once I get the jacket back in good condition
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love a good bidding war over shell cordovan shoes!

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hello
I am sorry, I lost my job cant pay . I am very sorry for this.I just have to find job first.
I real dont know what to do.

bullshit :brick:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Monitor his purchase history if you have the time and if you see him bid on something after this, message him :)

At what point am I totally safe to send a snarky message? He just agreed to close out the transaction (at least he didn't make me wait a week like the last guy). The worst part about this is that I turned down a sale here since they are crosslisted because they had a bid.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

At what point am I totally safe to send a snarky message? He just agreed to close out the transaction (at least he didn't make me wait a week like the last guy). The worst part about this is that I turned down a sale here since they are crosslisted because they had a bid.

Just move on... .if its true, then that sucks for him. But if he bids on something else, release the kraken.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Just move on... .if its true, then that sucks for him. But if he bids on something else, release the kraken.

Definitely the sage advice. I just have a hard time believing he lost his job between (late) Friday night and Monday night. Oh well... on to future sales.

Thank you for agreeing to close the transaction. That's very unfortunate news, and I wish you the best.

Ok I did the right thing :(

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely the sage advice. I just have a hard time believing he lost his job between (late) Friday night and Monday night. Oh well... on to future sales.
Ok I did the right thing :(

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

Right. Which is why I doubt he was fired between Saturday when he bid and 9PM Monday night. It was a 3 day auction Friday-Monday. He also didn't contact me until I sent a message asking when he would be able to pay.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a week or so back I asked if anyone had an HTML format that I could build off of to make a store template, if you will, and no one had a good start. There was a bit of interest in finding one so I decided to teach myself very very choppy HTML and attempt it. Essentially it allows you to just change the descriptions and images for each item while still keeping the same feel and attempting to look "professional."

The link shows my first iteration with a fictional sale (please no comments on picture quality or description wording or Fluff).

I would love feedback on the color choices for the scheme, where things fall on the page and such. If people find that the template is generally a good idea I will make it available to any SF regular at no cost to change as they see fit!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7596/ebaycodingexample.jpg

Have at it boys!

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks nice, very clean layout. Perhaps move who we are and shipping under the info/measurements section, and in general I think info should come before measurements. Are you using CSS?

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No CSS really, just taught myself rough HTML this last week and still don't quite get the nuances of CSS

When you say move it under the info do you mean to have one longer column of info vs the current two column set up or switch around the order?

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll send you my template later. It's not as clean as it needs to be, but will you give basics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads