Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

me too. Also, being equidistant from both coasts is helpful for you and I. 99% of items I sell on Sunday nights are dropped off at the post office the next morning and then are in the new owner's hands by Wednesday.

2. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Do you get selling reminders to update/improve your titles and if so, do you do anything about that? For instance, I'd prefer to use the character count for '2 vents' rather than 'multicolor' but ebay wants me to add 'multicolor'. Safe to ignore?

3. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Hate this, especially when I click "Sell Similar" and I'm trying to delete the old pictures but they're moving up and down because of all the GREAT TIPS ebay is giving me for Titles. Wish I could just disable that.

edit: ugh there's a new listing format....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  4. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

guys...on PayPal, when purchasing postage. what option covers the 11x15 tyvek envelope. its not legal, right?

i dont see it...

5. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

Thanks for the responses, think I got everyone.

6. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

It's not a flat rate package, go by actual weight and dimensions.

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Large package, I think. It's not flat rate, so you need to weight it to calculate shipping.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

You can just use Priority Mail - and go by weight. Paypal may require dimensions plugged in, I am not sure. Its been a minute.

9. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

as always, thank you friends.

10. briancpotter

briancpotter Active Member

Anyone familiar with any reliable watch sellers on eBay? Mostly interested in low-end (sub $1k), esp. vintage.

You'd think at this price level people wouldn't bother with fakes, but you'd be surprised - even a lowly A-11, a watch worth MAYBE $200, gets faked left and right.

Recently added a watch search to the site, and trying to filter the bad ones out has been a damn nightmare.

11. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Hope you don't end up with a douche bag like mine, the latest in the sad sad tale of the NWT BB tie.

Where we left off:

Quote: ----

Hi,

I was wondering if you had mailed the tie yet, the tracking number still shows nothing.

----

I know. I am so sorry. The tie went through the wash. It was in the Turk envelope I didn't realize it was in the bag of laundry I was washing. It seems to be ok, but has wrinkles now. I should have just sent it out when I had the chance, but it has been a very hectic trip of taking care of my ailing grandfather. Either I send it as is. Or I can get the wrinkles out tonight, I am flying back from Baton rogue today. I need to reprint the label now, as the machine destroyed it. I can send it out this morning with wrinkles, and you can have it dry cleaned

----

I know this has been a unpleasant experience for you. And I'm very sorry. This is what I'm going to do for you. I'm going to fix the tie, send it to you. And you tell me, if there is ANY problem, the item is free, but you are on your honor. I'm back from caretaking my 92 yr old grandfather, your quite kind for all the crap I put you through.

I just don't know what the hell to do, I want eBay to look at this, and cancel this guys account for being the worst seller in eBay history.

12. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

Yikes... All this over a couple of dollars off a tie.

13. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

14. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

@briancpotter Mind adding me? antiekman on ebay. Kinda neat seeing some of my stuff already there.

edit: headsup, i'm searching "polo" under the suits category. Went through 30 items that weren't suits or SCs before finding one with another 40 more before the next suit. I think it's pulling anything with 'polo' in the title - saw a Brioni polo shirt in there somewhere.

edit2: this would be a great thing to try for a coding project. great idea!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014