Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

That article sounds like it's worth a read. Could you quote/post the article?

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

3. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

I just canceled my store subscription and all of my listings ended??? Whats going on here?

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Hunh?

5. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Senior member

Restrictions & Exclusions.
    • The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in the fixed price format, 1-day and 3-day listing durations, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, and Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded: Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

I believe if you end and relist they're gonna charge you fees for the upgrade if you list the item as BIN/OBO

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I wasn't specifically speaking to this promotion offered. Rather others that cater to BIN

7. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

nope, has to go live within the timeframe

Every penny counts, but I agree that I wouldn't dramatically change my listing style to meet a promotion. This particular one gives you free BOLD and subtitle, since it doesn't go until Thursday I just relisted everything that didn't sell tonight on a 7 day auction instead of waiting until Thursday and added in the bold and subtitle. This way I have about 50 free listings with the bold, etc... instead of paying another .75 ea on a 10 day auction Thursday.

I did end a bunch of aging GTCs and "listed similar", had my best week ever with 100 sold tonight, could be a coincidence, I was headed for a good week before I did that. That article is great, but unverifiable. The person writing it is not selling anything, so no reason to question intentions, but I think some of it is a hunch. Just sent me down the rabbit hole of seller blogs... I'll be up all night.

8. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Might have sold better in the fall when it's cooler out.

10. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i agree :/

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

12. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

"Completely understood. Your new tie is in the mail. Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    the-seam-store"

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  13. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Hi! So, I sold my Loro Piana Horsey Coat for a good price, $425+, but the buyer wants me to ship, rather than to their home in England, to a confirmed alternate address in the US. Okay, that's fine, but when the buyer make their purchase, it defaulted to the GSP option, which means that I can't send an invoice (the GSP option precludes the seller sending invoices, because it automatically adds fees (customs & shipping) according to the GSP model. So, I've asked them to go to their purchase history and see if they can make a change to the shipping method, but has anyone dealt with this before? Any ideas short of canceling the transaction and starting over with a BIN for them?

14. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

When this has happened to me, I've had to refund and then start over with a new BIN. It's happened 2-3 times and luckily the buyers have all been cool about it.

15. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Something like this happened to me when buying from @capnwes and IIRC he just sent me a paypal invoice which let me change the shipping address (I'd previously bought something in england and had it shipped to a friend who was studying there then forgotten to change the shipping address back), but I'd also purchased a several other things from him before and generally been a good buyer. I don't know if that's something you'd want to do with an unknown buyer.