Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Probably not going to mess with wimmenz shoes again. Case opened because these ferragamos fit more like a 9 instead of a 10 and I clearly must have sold her a pair of "seconds" by mistake. Didn't even contact me about it, just opened the case. Bitch.

2. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

DID YOU JUST GOT BURNED BY A WOMAN?
    AHAHAHAH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

3. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

I don't even have access to this listing because I'm quite sure they only ship to the US. That's the problem with this type of equipment. US companies won't ship or the cost will be CRAZYASS.
    I just have to find a Canadian company I guess... The 2 softboxes for 69.99$ seem nice right?

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Or find a proxy shipper.
    Or find a proxy shipper.

5. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

hmmm yeah that's a very good idea but... for an item this cheap? Because if after it ships to Canada for 30$ (I can imagine it's at LEAST that because of the weight - I just had someone on the bragging thread send me a pair of shoes for 18$...) it would be more expensive than my Amazon deal... And USD = 1.05 CAD for me

The good question is more : which item is the best?! I know shit about photography honestly :s

6. 6up

6up Senior member

Hey F-QC,

Just ship the parcel to the an address in the States and head down to pick it up. In Toronto, plenty of folks ship to US ADDRESS in Buffalo NY whom charge US$3--20/package to use their service. I'd be surprised if there is nothing similar just outside the QC border.

Alternatively, head to Cdn Tire and score 2 of these work lights to do the same job.

[​IMG]

7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Theirs: 2 soft boxes, 3 diffuser options included. Each holds 5 compact fluorescents, 6500K, I forget the output. each bulb has its own switch.

That said, worse case, the 2 you've identified will work fine and look like the 2 I have for front lighting now.

I calculated that Wes' set up is like 28000 lumens or something like that. I don't see any specs for the bulbs that this includes so they're likely 5000 or 6500K, and probably 40-45W. I don't see the lumen output. Ask the seller to give you those specs because If you have to upgrade bulbs, that can be costly.

Price seems good if the lights are 6500K, 45W.

8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I used a variation for about 6 months. worked fine. however, I had to spend more time futzing with color and now almost zero since I put in better lighting.

9. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

The Amazon item does not include bulbs ^^

10. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

MMMhhhh US border is 100kms from here so that would not be a cost-effective solution when you factor in all the costs!

11. suited

suited Senior member

I would ask to be compensated for the cost of the suede eraser.

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

But be aware if you try to clean them and it doesn't come out, you won't be able to return them because they'll no longer be in the same condition you rceceived them in.

13. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I kind of think that's overkill. he's going to need a suede eraser anyway if he keeps the shoes, and if he's one of us, he likely already has one.

14. suited

suited Senior member

Eh, if I have to go out and buy something because the seller didn't disclose an imperfection, I would expect to be compensated for it.

15. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

this sport coat is getting 0 love and i think its party due to the main image. its totally dark compared to the actual color of the jacket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251565064683?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

the second image actually shows the colors pretty accurately. i take photos with a camera phone so that is a reason the quality is lacking.

would anyone care to assist with some post-processing to help make the colors in the first, main pic more accurate?