Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Can't you just change the BIN price to match his offer? He can then go ahead and buy it.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

To go from 2 to 4, you have to actually end that auction, and realist with the different format...so you lose the listing and all the fees from the original.

3. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

I've read a shitload of pages on this thread and also on the Bragging thread where I saw literraly thousands of SCs that were altered. How the hell can eBay not recognize that the tagged size can sometimes be USELESS?!
    I didn't have any problems with sizing yet and /knock on wood/ but you guys make me fear it ahah. I write in the title the tagged size (when there is one) and sometimes in the title I also add the true size in (...). Then I state again the size in the listing and add "see measurements for best fit - it fits more like a ... blablabl". From what I can understand, it's not the right approach...

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I agree in one sense, but eBay simple can't arbitrate disputes on measurements, tags are clear, measurements are in the eye of the beholder. I don't always follow the system and list the tagged size and I know that it leaves me open to problems, but I think on items that have been seriously modified (which I hate selling anyways) I always list as measured size and mention tagged size.

Thanks for the addition to the BLOCKED list, Brian. For those of you that didn't block soupie.aieref6us for returning an auction item because it was "too expensive" <-- actual reason for return, you should now block him because he opened a PAYPAL claim for an item he hasn't returned using the "not as described" reason, still writing in "price was so expensive" and he actually called PayPal and they let him open the claim. Why they allowed this claim, I have no idea, but if they give him his money back (there's a hold right now) I will be livid.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

6. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

On ebay, he just started a normal return, not a case. This is just a $20 tie, I had a return one time that the buyer did the same thing, started a return via ebay, never shipped, opened a case with paypal and got a full refund, that was for a $200 pr of shoes. I stupidly ignored the Pay Pal claim on that one because I figured the eBay one would take care of itself. I know peeps like this are one in a thousand (certainly not one in a million), but I hate this part of the job.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Jeez, tx these are the nightmares we all wouldn't wish on our worst enemy.

8. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Does anyone know a good source for poly bags in smaller quantities, or would anyone be willing to sell me ~25 bags?

9. Brianpore

10. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

What works best for shirts and trousers? Anything heavier I can just use the free priority tyvek bags

11. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

The 12 x 15 should cover pants.

12. Brianpore

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

14. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

15. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Relevant to a recent conversation in this thread, I received a package back on Friday with yellow tape over the various bar codes and a hand written note on the yellow tape that said "Priority boxes require priority postage." I had wrapped the Small Flat Rate box in a gray poly mailer. What's most interesting is looking at the tracking it had actually been out for delivery in Georgia (I'm in NY). The postal worker (or someone) had torn a small hole which showed the red stripe on the box inside. I'm not sure if a postal worker took it on him/herself to investigate, my buyer may be a postal worker, or what, but it's a good thing I recently purchased 100 small boxes to ship ties.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014