• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the print trick, but I've always seen the accepted amount visiting the ended listing from mobile site.

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score
what tyvex are you buying? unline has 10x 13 at $30/100 and 12x15 at $43. plus you add fairly expensive shipping.

With the 3x3x6 box costing about $.30 delivered, its probably a hair cheaper than the tyvex wrap.

Now, I get it if you're using the txwoodworker method and pre-packaging all your items immediately. You have everything staged in SFR and then if someone opts for 1st Class, throw it in the tyvex.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360923551918?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 with free shipping since I bought a number of different items. For some reason I thought tyvek and poly were synonyms. When I went to amazon a couple months ago and typed in tyvek bags those poly bags came up. Apologies for the confusion. I also do pack and label everything after it's posted. It's the only way our guest room (read: ebay store room) is kept relatively organized lol.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is).

I have the rare opportunity to purchase this:

It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal experience with), I don't know much about the components either. I know the basics such as to see if things power up, the gauges work and light up, etc. No owners manuals. What's there is there. It's local and a cash sale, so if something doesn't work I'm screwed. Hell, I don't even know where I'm going to put it but I've been lusting after the RT-909 reel to reel deck ever since I sold mine 7 years ago and this has everything. They're asking $1,000.

Components are top of the line, including a RT-909 reel to reel deck, a Spec 1 pre-amp and a Spec 4 amplifier.

Should I let this go? Hop on it?

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not clothing, but is thrift related. I need some advice. Someone please talk me in (or out) of this. My wife is absolutely no help ("you don't need it", she says without even hearing what it is).

It's a vintage Pioneer rack stereo system. 1 owner, but the child of the owner acquired it, is selling it and knows absolutely nothing about it. Thing is, besides the reel to reel deck (which I have very minimal experience with), I don't know much about the components either. I know the basics such as to see if things power up, the gauges work and light up, etc. No owners manuals. What's there is there. It's local and a cash sale, so if something doesn't work I'm screwed. Hell, I don't even know where I'm going to put it but I've been lusting after the RT-909 reel to reel deck ever since I sold mine 7 years ago and this has everything. They're asking $1,000.

Components are top of the line, including a RT-909 reel to reel deck, a Spec 1 pre-amp and a Spec 4 amplifier.

Um....make like a rabbit.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nat, that thing looks badass, yet confusing to someone who knows nothing about them. I suppose my youth may show its face on this one.

It sounds like a grail, and I can hear the excitement while I read, because your words are popping off the page. I say INSTAKOP!

cdgreg

Reaction score

At worst price out each piece on ebay. Reel to Reel alone seems almost worth that price: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...RENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

From there, start your offer at $400 for the antiquated technology
biggrin.gif

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, obvi the print trick is up down up down left right left right b a start.
BAHAHAH, this reminds me of the ken griffy jr home run trick for nintendo64. Oh leave it to spoo, to shake up our childhood again haha.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, obvi the print trick is up down up down left right left right b a start.
If you're on Genesis, it's down up left left A right down.

AaronC

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I was looking at a Carmina auction on eBay and was wondering if anyone is able to tell me if they have been used much? Because me to me it seems like the wear is very minor, especially with the insoles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads